Tomas Giraldo Loaned to FC Edmonton
MONTREAL - CF Montréal announced on Friday that it has loaned Homegrown midfielder Tomas Giraldo to FC Edmonton (Canadian Premier League) for the 2021 season, without a right to recall the player during the loan.
"As we did with the Karifa Yao and Keesean Ferdinand loans (announced on Wednesday), we want to give Tomas an opportunity to play minutes this season and gain experience", said CF Montréal sporting director Olivier Renard. "I reiterate that we have great confidence in our young Homegrown players, and that a loan is a positive step in their development."
Giraldo, 17, signed his first professional contract with CFM on June 17, 2020. He also represented Canada at the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup, in Brazil. Born in MedellÃn, Colombia, the midfielder joined the Academy's U-13 team in 2015 from FSS Salaberry.
Transaction: CF Montréal loans Homegrown midfielder Tomas Giraldo to FC Edmonton for the 2021 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 12, 2021
- Whitecaps FC Welcomes Nikos Overheul as Director of Recruitment - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs First Round SuperDraft Pick Josh Penn to First Team Contract - Inter Miami CF
- Tomas Giraldo Loaned to FC Edmonton - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Signs Santiago Sosa - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Unveil the New Exclusive adidas Marble Jersey Ahead of 2021 Season - D.C. United
- Randall Leal Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas Loans Homegrown Justin Che to FC Bayern Munich - FC Dallas
- New York City FC Acquires Defender Malte Amundsen from Danish Club Vejle BK - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.