Timberwolves Sign Lindell Wigginton
Minneapolis/St. Paul - Minnesota Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations Gersson Rosas today announced the team has signed guard Lindell Wigginton. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
Wigginton, 21, played two seasons at Iowa State, averaging 15.3 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 56 games. In 2019, Wigginton earned Big 12 Sixth Man of the Year honors and was named to the Big 12 All-Tournament Team. He was named to the Big 12 All-Newcomer Team in 2018.
The 6-2 guard appeared in five games for the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 MGM Resorts NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 7.4 points in 15.0 minutes per contest. Wigginton scored 26 points on 8-of-12 shooting with three assists and three steals vs. Philadelphia on July 12.
The Dartmouth, Nova Scotia native helped lead Team Canada to the gold medal at the 2017 FIBA Under-19 World Cup in Cairo, Egypt, averaging 12.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists. In 2016, he helped lead Team Canada to a silver medal at the FIBA Americas Under-18 Championship in Valdivia, Chile.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Stockton Kings - Erie BayHawks
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Matt Mooney - Memphis Hustle
- Austin Spurs Obtain Returning Player Rights of Matt Farrell - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs - Delaware Blue Coats
- Timberwolves Sign Lindell Wigginton - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.