Tigers Feed on Wheat Kings Wednesday
MEDICINE HAT B.C. - The Medicine Hat Tigers downed the Brandon Wheat Kings by a score of 6-1 Wednesday night.
The Tigers came out strong scoring a pair of goals early on. First it was Hunter St Martin who tipped a Dallon Mellin shot past Carson Bjarnason to make it 1-0 only 3 minutes into the game. The Tigers would then score a powerplay goal with Andrew Basha feeeding Brendan Lee in the slot firing a one timed shot through to make it 2-0 Tigers with under 8 minutes to go. The Wheat Kings would go on a powerplay of their own late in the first allowing Jake Chiasson to score his 7th of the year cutting the lead to 2-1 Tigers heading into the 2nd period.
The 2nd period was all Tigers scoring another goal courtesy of Brendan Lee with his 2nd of the game. The Wheat Kings would challenge offsides but would be denied forcing to go back on the penalty kill.
With a 3-1 lead heading into the third period the Tigers would open the 3rd period with 3 goals in the span of 75 seconds. Goals would be scored by Tomas Mrsic, Owen MacNeill and Dru Krebs to put the game out of reach making it 6-1 Wheat Kings.
Brendan Lee (2G-1A)
Oasiz Wiesblatt (3A)
Andrew Basha (2A)
The Wheat Kings Central Division road trip continues Friday when they take on the Edmonton Oil Kings. Puck drop at 8:00pm CST from Rogers Place in Edmonton. Catch the Drummonds Farm Services Pregame show beginning at 7:45pm CST
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 17, 2022
- Preview: Rockets Host Pair Of Home Games - Kelowna Rockets
- Kevin Radomski Named Director of Oil Kings Business Operations - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Korczak Ready to Make His Return to Warriors Lineup - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Royals Acquire Forward Alex Thacker from Lethbridge - Victoria Royals
- Hurricanes Trade Thacker to Royals - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Americans Acquire Jared Picklyk from Lethbridge - Tri-City Americans
- Hurricanes Acquire Pick for Picklyk - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Broncos Trade Ty Hurley to Seattle, Release Rayan Bettahar - Swift Current Broncos
- T-Birds Acquire Ty Hurley from the Swift Current Broncos - Seattle Thunderbirds
- What's up Next for the Cougars - November 16th - Prince George Cougars
- Royals Host Division Rival Cougars for Two Game Set - Victoria Royals
- Pats Continue Road Trip in Winnipeg - Regina Pats
- Game #20 - ICE vs Regina Pats, 7:00 at the ICE Cave Inside Wayne Fleming Arena - Winnipeg Ice
- Tigers Win Second Straight 6-1 Over Brandon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers Feed on Wheat Kings Wednesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.