Tiger Jones Named to All-Rookie Team
Louisville, KY-Tiger Jones has had an impressive season ever since he got picked up mid way through the season by the Georgia Force. Since being signed by the Force he has led all rookies in touchdowns and points. He has had 30 touchdowns and 180 points. Jones also ranks third on the Force with 1217 yards and leads his team with 30 touchdowns. In May, Tiger was named Rookie of the Month.
"We knew Tiger had the capability from the start and we are extremely proud of him," stated Fire Head Coach Tommy Johnson. "He will continue to play that well as long as he is given the chance. To Georgia's credit, they gave him an opportunity and Tiger proved himself and helped them win a football game."
With the Louisville Fire, in the arenafootball2 league, Jones ranks fourth on the all-time career-receiving list and sixth on the all-time career-scoring list. In 2007, he had 2,133 yards on 161 receptions and added 41 touchdowns. He also set the franchise single season record for most pass reception yards.
The Fire hit the road Friday to take on the Mahoning Valley Thunder. The Fire will then return to Freedom Hall on Saturday, July 12 against the Albany Conquest.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from June 25, 2008
- Blaze pair earn honors - Utah Blaze
- Five 'Cats garner All-Arena honors - San Jose SaberCats
- Thomas Named ADT Defensive Player of the Month - San Jose SaberCats
- New York's Garcia Attempts to Climb Passing Ladder on Russell Athletic ESPN Arena Football Friday - AFL I
- Blaze Recievers Set New AFL Record - Utah Blaze
- Rush Donovan Morgan Named AFL Rookie of the Month - Chicago Rush
- Postseason Drive to Virgin Mobile Arenabowl XXII Begins with Wild Card Weekend - AFL I
- Awards Keep Coming for Soul - Philadelphia Soul
- MacPherson, Kicker Gowins Named AFL Players of the Month - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Robinson, Alfonzo and Harrel Voted to AFL All-Arena Teams - Chicago Rush
- Dragons' Parker and Taylor Earn All-Arena Recognition - New York Dragons
- 2008: It Was a Very Good Year - AFL I
- Rampage WR Higgins Makes All-AFL Second Team - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Samuels Honored - Tampa Bay Storm
- Gladiators' Marlion Jackson and Otis Amey Earn All-Arena Honors - Cleveland Gladiators
- Grand Rapids' Gowins Earn Player of the Month Honors - AFL I
- McGill Receives All-Arena Honor - Tampa Bay Storm
- Columbus Destroyers Offensive Linemen Will Rabatin and Howard Duncan Earn All-Arena Honors - Columbus Destroyers
- Seven Soul Players Named to All-Arena Team - Philadelphia Soul
- Three Desperados Named to AFL All-Arena Team - Dallas Desperados
- Philadelphia Places Four on First Team - AFL I
- Soul to Give Tickets to Morrisville Residents as Part of Chris Jackson Day - Philadelphia Soul
- Major Milestones and Records Set During Regular Season - AFL I
- Tiger Jones Named to All-Rookie Team - Georgia Force
- Soul Home Attendance Figure Increases - Philadelphia Soul
- Soul Band & Drumline March The Streets Of Philly - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.