Thursday's IronPigs-Red Sox Season Opener Postponed
Allentown, Pa.- Thursday's 7:05 p.m. season opener between the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and the Pawtucket Red Sox at Coca-Cola Park has been postponed due to rain. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Sunday, April 9, beginning at 12:35 p.m. Each of the doubleheader games are scheduled for seven innings and only one ticket is needed to attend both games. All gates will open at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, April 9.
Due to the postponement, fans holding tickets to Thursday's game can exchange each ticket for a ticket of equal or lesser value to any 2017 home game at Coca-Cola Park. All ticket exchanges must be made in-person at the Coca-Cola Park Ticket Office (no phone or internet exchanges). Ticket exchanges are subject to availability. Fans with additional questions are asked to call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
Opening Night is now slated for Friday, April 7, at 7:05 p.m. and features the first post-game Friday Night Fireworks show of the season, themed to the legendary music of The Beatles. The band is the best-selling in music history, with estimated sales of over 600 million records worldwide according to Wikipedia. Friday Night Fireworks follow every Friday home game at Coca-Cola Park in 2017. Friday's game will also feature special pre-game all-star player introductions to celebrate Opening Day. The Coordinated Health Club Level gates will open at 5:30 p.m. while the main gates are scheduled for a 5:45 p.m. opening.
The series continues on Saturday, April 8, at 6:35 p.m. and features a Garden Gnome giveaway presented by Capital BlueCross for the first 3,000 fans 18 and older and a Miracle League-inspired jersey auction presented by Majestic Athletic. Gates open extra-early at 5 p.m. to coincide with the pre-game Miracle League game. The Miracle League exhibition game has become an annual tradition at Coca-Cola Park as dozens of children will take part in the 10th annual event. The Miracle League is dedicated to providing children with special needs and other development disabilities an opportunity to play baseball. Presently there are 250 Miracle League organizations worldwide that provide opportunities to over 200,000 children and young adults with disabilities.
The season's opening series concludes on Sunday, April 9, at 12:35 p.m. with the newly-announced doubleheader and includes with a 10th-anniversay pennant giveaway for the first 1,500 youngsters 17 and under. All Sunday home games also include post-game "Kids Run the Bases" presented by Children's Hospital at Lehigh Valley Health Network and appearances by Tootsee the Clown.
The IronPigs are debuting the brand-new Bacon, USA, Membership Program this season -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous new amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to an annual holiday party, an invitation to an exclusive player and coaches photo session and more. For more information, visit ironpigsbaseball.com or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447). Memberships and group outings are on sale now.
The 2017 IronPigs baseball season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 6, 2017
- Indy Spoils Hens' Opener with Five-Run 7th - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tribe Rallies Past Mud Hens Behind Three Home Runs - Indianapolis Indians
- Pigs Host First Friday Night Fireworks of 2017 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pigs and Paw Sox Postponed in Season Opener - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox and IronPigs Postponed Due to Rain - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Thursday's IronPigs-Red Sox Season Opener Postponed - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Bulls Game Notes 4.6.17 - Durham Bulls
- Clippers to Make 10th Season at Huntington Park Extra Special in 2018 - Columbus Clippers
- IronPigs Introduce Industry-First Food Finder Mobile Site - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings, Chiefs Postponed on Opening Day - Rochester Red Wings
- Chiefs Postpone First Two Games of the Season Due to Inclement Weather - Syracuse Mets
- Tides Announce Opening Day Roster - Norfolk Tides
- Tommy Kahnle Promoted to Chicago Today - Charlotte Knights
- SWB RailRiders Opening Day Roster - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Clippers Opening Day Roster - Columbus Clippers
- Rochester Game Notes, April 6 at Syracuse - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs and Paw Sox Square off for Opening Day - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- LHV Game Notes 4-4 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Charlotte's 2017 Opening Knight Roster Revealed - Charlotte Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.