Thunderbirds Sign Forwards Shawn Cameron & Nic Pierog
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced today that they have signed forwards Shawn Cameron and Nic Pierog to one-year AHL contracts.
Cameron, 25, skated in 23 ECHL games with Greenville in his first pro season this past spring, tallying 10 points (4g, 6a). He also played in 11 AHL contests with the Utica Comets, where he put up three points (1g, 2a). The 5-foot-11, 194-pound winger turned pro following a four-year collegiate career at R.I.T., where he posted 71 points (35g, 36a) in 140 games.
Pierog, 28, finished tied for 15th in the ECHL with 24 goals in 2020-21 as a member of the Indy Fuel. He added 21 assists for 45 points in 61 total games with the Fuel. Pierog has eclipsed the 20-goal plateau in each of his last three ECHL seasons, including a career-high 32 with the Manchester Monarchs in 2018-19. The 6-foot-2, 209-pound forward has also skated in 15 career AHL games with Providence and Bridgeport, posting five points (3g, 2a).
For more information or to become a 2021-2022 Springfield Thunderbirds ticket member, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com. The Thunderbirds open their fifth anniversary season on Saturday, Oct. 16 for Opening Night against the Hartford Wolf Pack at the MassMutual Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 19, 2021
- IceHogs Sign UConn Standout Kale Howarth for 2021-22 Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Abbotsford Canucks Announce Seat Selection Dates - Abbotsford Canucks
- Iowa Wild Signs Defenseman Doyle Somerby to a One-Year AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Red Wings Assistant General Manager Pat Verbeek Named General Manager of Grand Rapids Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Thunderbirds Sign Forwards Shawn Cameron & Nic Pierog - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Garrett Wilson Returns to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Cleveland Monsters Announce Promotional Schedule and Single Game Tickets on Sale - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- St. Louis Blues Recall G Charlie Lindgren from T-Birds
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes
- American Hockey League Postpones Wednesday's Springfield-Hartford Game
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Logan Brown from T-Birds
- T-Birds Exact Payback on Wolf Pack with 4-2 Win