Thunder Faces Ontario, Playoff Tickets On Sale Now
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder has earned the #4 seed in the Pacific Division and will open the 2009 Kelly Cup Playoffs against the first seed and Pacific Division Champion Ontario Reign in a best-of-seven series (2-3-2 format), beginning with Game 1 of the Pacific Division Semifinal round on Friday, Apr. 10 at 7:00 p.m. from Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Round-by-round ticket packages and single game tickets for the 2009 Kelly Cup Playoffs are now on sale at the Stockton Arena ticket office, via phone at (209) 373-1700 and online at www.StocktonTickets.com.
It is the first time Stockton and Ontario will meet in the Kelly Cup Playoffs and this year's appearance marks the third straight Kelly Cup Playoff berth in Thunder history. Listed below is the head-to-head schedule, following a "2-3-2" format:
STOCKTON VS. ONTARIO - PACIFIC DIVISION SEMIFINALS
Game 1: Stockton at Ontario - Friday, April 10 - 7:00 p.m. (Citizens Business Bank Arena)
Game 2: Stockton at Ontario - Saturday, April 11 - 7:00 p.m. (Citizens Business Bank Arena)
Game 3: Ontario at Stockton - Wednesday, April 15 - 7:00 p.m. (Stockton Arena)
Game 4: Ontario at Stockton - Friday, April 17 - 7:30 p.m. (Stockton Arena)
Game 5: Ontario at Stockton - Sunday, April 19 - 4:00 p.m. (Stockton Arena) *
Game 6: Stockton at Ontario - Tuesday, April 21 - 7:00 p.m. (Citizens Business Bank Arena) *
Game 7: Stockton at Ontario - Wednesday, April 22 - 7:00 p.m. (Citizens Business Bank Arena) *
* If necessary
Kelly Cup Playoff tickets start as little as $9 per seat. Current Thunder season ticket holders receive tickets to the first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs in their ticket package.
THUNDER KELLY CUP PLAYOFF TICKET PRICES (individual tickets)
Lower Premium $17
Lower Endzone $13
Upper Premium $13
Upper Endzone $9
Upper Endzone $7 (senior/child)
The proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Springfield Falcons, the Thunder was voted "Best Local Sports Team" by readers of the San Joaquin Magazine, has led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew 223,854 fans to Stockton Arena in 2008-09. Season tickets for 2009-10 and Kelly Cup Playoff ticket packages are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2009
- Condors surge into playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Gongalsky Returns, Playoff Roster Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Month-long Blood Drive a life saving success - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Announce 2009 Playoff Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Add Bo Cheesman For Playoffs - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bordeleau reassigned to Blades, then recalled back to AHL's Milwaukee Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Rays Start Playoffs Thursday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Trenton's Kowalsky Receives John Brophy Award As ECHL Coach of the Year - ECHL
- Salmon Kings To Face Idaho In Round One Of Playoffs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Phoenix Concludes Four-Year Tenure as a Member of the ECHL - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Bombers Weekly News - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads Set Playoff Schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Add Forward Ricci - South Carolina Stingrays
- Devils set to embark on Kelly Cup Playoffs against the Elmira Jackals - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Claim North Division Title - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kelly Cup Playoff Roster Requirements, Guidelines - ECHL
- Thunder Faces Ontario, Playoff Tickets On Sale Now - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls