Steelheads Set Playoff Schedule
Boise, Idaho - The ECHL's Idaho Steelheads will face off against the Victoria Salmon Kings in the first round of RC Willey Kelly Cup Playoffs. The Steelheads, which finished as the second seed in the National Conference, West Division, are 6-1 in 2008-09 regular season action against the third-seeded Salmon Kings.
The Steelheads will host Games 1 and 2 on Saturday, Apr. 11 at 7:10 pm MT and Sunday, Apr. 12 at 5:10 pm MT at Qwest Arena. Games 3, 4 and 5 (if nec.) will be played in Victoria with 8:05 MT puck drops on Wednesday, Apr. 15, Friday, Apr. 17 and Saturday, Apr. 18. If necessary, Games 6 and 7 will be back on Qwest Arena ice on Tuesday, Apr. 21 and Wednesday, Apr. 22, both at 7:10 pm.
Ticket prices range from $7 junior/senior | $10 adult to $32.50 for adult premiere seating, plus convenience fees. Special $10 tickets, plus convenience fees, are available for the Easter Sunday game. Tickets can be purchased by calling 331-TIXS, by visiting www.idahosteelheads.com (using the print-at-home feature), or by stopping by the Qwest Arena box office. For groups or to guarantee the best seats with a playoff package, please call 383-0080.
Round 1 Schedule | Idaho vs Victoria:
Game 1 4/11 Saturday 7:10 pm MT Victoria @ Idaho
Game 2 4/12 Sunday 5:10 pm MT Victoria @ Idaho
Game 3 4/15 Wednesday 8:05 pm MT Idaho @ Victoria
Game 4 4/17 Friday 8:05 pm MT Idaho @ Victoria
Game 5 4/18 Saturday 8:05 pm MT Idaho @ Victoria (if nec.)
Game 6 4/21 Tuesday 7:10 pm MT Victoria @ Idaho (if nec.)
Game 7 4/22 Wednesday 7:10 pm MT Victoria @ Idaho (if nec.)
This Week's Practice Schedule:
The Steelheads will practice this week at Idaho IceWorld - Tuesday through Friday - from 9:45-11:00 am. The team will have a skate around at Qwest Arena on Saturday at 10:00 am. Practices are open to the media and public.
Hooters in Boise will host a Watch Party for Game 4 of the first round of playoffs on Friday, Apr. 17 - 8:05 pm MT game start.
The SportsZone at Qwest Arena will host a Watch Party for Game 5 (if nec.) on Saturday, Apr. 18 - 8:05 pm MT game start - there'll be a $5 cover as fans will also be able to enjoy the Boise Burn home opener at Qwest Arena that evening (Burn game starts at 7pm).
The Steelheads will announce its playoff roster Monday afternoon.
Steelheads goaltender Matt Climie made his NHL debut for the Stars Saturday, stopping 22 of the 26 shots he faced, getting his first NHL win. Climie becomes just the fifth Dallas Stars goaltender to win his NHL debut with the team (also Mike Torchia, Roman Turek, as a Steelhead in 2003-04 Dan Ellis and Mike Smith). He is the sixth Dallas Star to have made his NHL debut this season (Neal, Brunnstrom, former Steelhead in 2007-08 Tom Wandell, Sawada, Krahn).
The Steelheads finished the 2008-09 season with its best season, 44-24-2-2, since joining the ECHL and rank third overall in the ECHL (behind No. 1 Florida and No. 2 Alaska).
Steelheads remind fans it's a tradition in Boise to wear white to the playoff games for a White Out - and don't forget to bring your white rally rags!
The first-placed Alaska Aces open the first round at home Friday against the fourth-seeded Utah Grizzlies.
Idaho has reached the Kelly Cup Playoffs all six years and became only the second expansion team in league history to capture the Kelly Cup championship in 2003-04 and became the second two-time Kelly Cup winner in 2007.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2009
- Condors surge into playoffs - Bakersfield Condors
- Gongalsky Returns, Playoff Roster Announced - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Month-long Blood Drive a life saving success - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Announce 2009 Playoff Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Add Bo Cheesman For Playoffs - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bordeleau reassigned to Blades, then recalled back to AHL's Milwaukee Admirals - Florida Everblades
- Rays Start Playoffs Thursday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Trenton's Kowalsky Receives John Brophy Award As ECHL Coach of the Year - ECHL
- Salmon Kings To Face Idaho In Round One Of Playoffs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Phoenix Concludes Four-Year Tenure as a Member of the ECHL - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Bombers Weekly News - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads Set Playoff Schedule - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Add Forward Ricci - South Carolina Stingrays
- Devils set to embark on Kelly Cup Playoffs against the Elmira Jackals - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Claim North Division Title - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kelly Cup Playoff Roster Requirements, Guidelines - ECHL
- Thunder Faces Ontario, Playoff Tickets On Sale Now - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Forward Mitch Moroz Agrees to Third Steelheads Season in 2019-20
- Forward Will Merchant Agrees to Return for 2019-20 Season
- Steelheads Name Everett Sheen as Franchise's Eighth Head Coach
- Defenseman Keegan Kanzig Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season
- Head Coach Neil Graham Appointed as Texas Stars Assistant Coach