Third Inning Propels Bulls Victory
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls tallied their ninth shutout victory of the season, defeating the Indianapolis Indians 4-0 in the rubber match of a three-game series Sunday evening at the DBAP. Anthony Banda (2-2) recorded the victory for the Bulls, while Dario Agrazal (4-4) suffered the loss for the Indians.
The third inning proved to be the difference for the Bulls, who were able to strike for four runs against Agrazal. After back-to-back singles by Nathan Lukes and Tyler Ladendorf, Nate Lowe stepped to the plate and launched a three-run blast to right field to go up 3-0. Michael Perez was able to extend the lead further with an RBI single and give the Bulls a 4-0 lead.
The Indians mustered just five hits and no runs off a strong combined effort by Durham's pitching staff. Arturo Reyes, Banda, Cole Sulser, Jose Alvarado and Hoby Milner combined to shut out the Indians, while striking out eight and walking just two.
The Bulls have an off day on Monday, before heading out for six-game road trip with stops to face the Syracuse Mets and Buffalo Bisons. After the completion of the road trip, the Bulls will return home to face the Charlotte Knights for a pivotal four-game series, beginning on August 19 at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 11, 2019
- Indians Fade in Road Trip Finale, Blanked 4-0 - Indianapolis Indians
- Third Inning Propels Bulls Victory - Durham Bulls
- Duo of Home Runs Clinch Win for Toledo - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bradley's Blast Gives Columbus the 4-3 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- PawSox Threaten in Ninth, Fall to Toledo, 6-4 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Akin and Tate Shut Down Syracuse Bats - Norfolk Tides
- Mets Fall to Tides, 3-0, on Sunday - Syracuse Mets
- IronPigs snap three-game losing streak - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Winning Streak Snapped by IronPigs 6-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Anderson Earns First Triple-A Win as Stripers Edge RailRiders - Gwinnett Stripers
- RHP Deivi Garcia fans five Stripers in his best Triple-A start - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bats Take Finale to Win Series, 5-2 - Louisville Bats
- Bats Top Wings, Take Series with Sunday Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Columbus (4:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- 8.11.19 Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (58-59) at Durham Bulls (66-52) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (49-69) at Rochester Red Wings (60-58) - Louisville Bats
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.