The Fieldhouse to Serve as Early Voting Site as Part of Hornets Sports & Entertainment's "Swarm the Polls" Campaign
Hornets Sports & Entertainment today announced that the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex, the home of the Greensboro Swarm, will serve as an early voting site for Guilford County residents for the upcoming 2020 elections as part of the organization's "Swarm The Polls" campaign. The organization previously announced that Spectrum Center, the home of the Hornets, will host early voting in Mecklenburg County.
"We are pleased to have the opportunity to help facilitate the electoral process in Greensboro in addition to Charlotte," said Hornets Sports & Entertainment President & Vice Chairman Fred Whitfield. "We are committed to being good corporate citizens of both communities, and we are proud to be among the first organizations announcing plans to host voting in both our NBA and NBA G League arenas."
The Fieldhouse will host early voting from October 15-31. Voting hours will be 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekends.
"We are excited to offer the Fieldhouse as an option for Guilford County residents to vote early," said Greensboro Swarm President Steve Swetoha. "We want to thank the Guilford County Board of Elections and our partners at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex for supporting our desire to use our building to assist the community as a polling site."
Unveiled earlier this month, HSE's Swarm The Polls campaign aims to educate the public about the importance of voting, inform people on how to vote, drive voter registration and encourage voter turnout. The Swarm The Polls website, hornets.com/go-vote, contains a variety of information and resources for voters in both North and South Carolina, including links to register to vote, check registration status, find polling places, request absentee ballots and more. Additional activations and promotion will take place on the websites and social media outlets of each of HSE's entities - the Charlotte Hornets, Spectrum Center, the Greensboro Swarm and Hornets Venom GT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 17, 2020
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election - Texas Legends
- The Fieldhouse to Serve as Early Voting Site as Part of Hornets Sports & Entertainment's "Swarm the Polls" Campaign - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- The Fieldhouse to Serve as Early Voting Site as Part of Hornets Sports & Entertainment's "Swarm the Polls" Campaign
- Swarm to Not Extend Contract of Head Coach Joe Wolf
- Greensboro Swarm Statement
- Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union Make Donation to Junior Achievement of the Triad
- Charlotte Hornets Foundation Announces Multi-Faceted Plan to Assist with COVID-19 Relief