Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 18th
SASKATOON, SK - The Saskatoon Blades are thrilled to announce the return of one of the most sacred holiday traditions for the team - the annual Teddy Bear Toss presented by CO-OP.
On Saturday, December 18th, the Blades will welcome the Prince Albert Raiders into SaskTel Centre for what's sure to be a heated battle between the East Division rivals. Fans are encouraged to purchase Teddy Bears at participating CO-OP locations throughout the city, and have them ready to launch from the stands the moment the Blades score their first goal of the game.
The Teddy Bears will then be picked clean from the ice, loaded into trucks, and delivered as an early Christmas present to local children and families this holiday season.
On game day, Teddy Bears will be available for purchase at The Frozen Pond inside SaskTel Centre, with doors opening at 6:00pm CT. Fans are also encouraged to bring their own new, unused stuffed animals to throw onto the ice as long as they are wrapped in a plastic bag for safety and cleanliness.
Last year, the COVID-19 pandemic forced the furry frenzy to be canceled, however, the Blades were able to team up with SaskTel and WINMAR to host a Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss which accumulated more than 3000 generous donations from hockey fans.
Current alternate captain and team-leading scorer Tristen Robins is riding a two-game Teddy Bear goal-scoring streak. The San Jose Sharks prospect netted the opening markers in back-to-back years against Prince Albert, sending thousands of plush items pouring from the stands.
Fans can purchase tickets to the December 18th contest.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2021
- Wheat Kings Hit the Highway Tuesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rebels Hosting 'Toque and Teddy Bear Toss' in Support of Red Deer Christmas Bureau - Red Deer Rebels
- Hard Work Paying off for Rookie Forward Nathan Pilling - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 18th - Saskatoon Blades
- Silvertips Earn a Point in Victoria, Fall Just Short against Kamloops - Everett Silvertips
- Royals Begin U.S. Road Trip in Spokane - Victoria Royals
- Chiefs Netminder Beaupit Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Ducks Prospect Tschigerl Named WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- ENMAX Teddy Bear Toss Is Back - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Launch New Charity Initiative - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Yager, Unger, Burnett & Canada Red Finish up Round Robin in Ottawa - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Benson Scores Again for Team Canada Black - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.