Tarantulas win first game in team history
The Topeka Tarantulas earned their first victory in franchise history tonight with a 3-2 win over the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.
After a scoreless first period, Tab Lardner scored his second goal of the season at 9:07 of the second period.
The Tarantulas came flying out of the gate in the third when John Donnelly scored on a breakaway at 2:02 of the period. Dallas Flaman added to his hot play of late when he scored at 5:05 of the third to increase the lead by three goals.
Bossier-Shreveport tried to mount a comeback scoring two goals in the third, but it was too little, too late for the Mudbugs.
The Tarantulas continue their week long road trip when they travel to Wichita to take on their arch rivals. Game time is 7:35 pm CST and all the action can be heard on 1490 AM KTOP TOPEKA for the pre-game show at 7:10 pm. The game can also be heard on the Tarantulas website by clicking LiveBroadcasts!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 28, 2004
- Tarantulas win first game in team history - Topeka Tarantulas
- Bucks take two of three on opening weekend - Laredo Bucks
- Rayz move offices to the Bayfront Convention Center - Corpus Christi IceRays
- It's good to be home - New Mexico Scorpions
- RiverKings appeal Crowley suspension - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bees Add Two - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tarantulas hosting ladies only hockey 101 clinic - Topeka Tarantulas
- Saints Make Changes; Deal With League Suspensions and Injuries - San Angelo Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.