Tacoma Defiance Signs Defender Danny Reynolds
TACOMA, WASH. - Tacoma Defiance today announced that it has signed defender Danny Reynolds. The signing is pending league and federation approval, as well as receipt of his P-1 Visa. Reynolds was a second-round selection of Sounders FC in January's 2020 MLS SuperDraft. The signing brings the Defiance roster to 15 players ahead of the 2020 season.
Reynolds was a second-round pick of Sounders FC in January's MLS SuperDraft (UNC Wilmington athletics).
"Danny is a versatile defender that can play multiple positions on the back line," said Sounders FC General Manager and President of Soccer Garth Lagerwey. "We believe his flexibility will help our defensive core in a big way at the USL level."
Reynolds, a UNC Wilmington graduate, was named the 2019 Colonial Athletic Association Defensive Player of the Year while earning First Team All-CAA and NCCSIA All-State recognition in his senior year. The 22-year-old was the Seahawks' second-leading scorer with four goals and 13 points in 2019 and was named to the United Soccer Coaches First Team All-Atlantic Region. As a junior in 2018, he was named to the All-Tournament Team at the CAA Championship after scoring a goal against Hofstra in the semifinals. The Englishman started 34 of his 40 games for Louisville before transferring to UNC Wilmington.
Tacoma Defiance opens its 2020 season at home on Friday, March 6 against Reno 1868 FC at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. PT and the match will be livestreamed on ESPN+.
Transaction: Tacoma Defiance signs defender Danny Reynolds on February 7, 2020.
Name: Danny Reynolds
Born: June 27, 1997 in Shilton, England
Hometown: Shilton, England
Citizenship: United Kingdom
College: UNC Wilmington
The Defiance current roster is listed below by positional breakdown.
CURRENT TACOMA DEFIANCE ROSTER
Defenders (6): Antonee Burke-Gilroy, Abdoulaye Cissoko, Nick Hinds, Taylor Mueller, Danny Reynolds, Sam Rogers
Midfielders (4): Josh Atencio, Jesse Daley, Collin Fernandez, Danny Robles
Forwards (5): Alec Diaz, Azriel Gonzalez, Shandon Hopeau, Ray Serrano, Marlon Vargas
Images from this story
Defender Danny Reynolds with UNC Wilmington
(UNC Wilmington athletics)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 7, 2020
- Hounds Defeat Duquesne in Preseason Opener, 2-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Preview: RGV FC Host Houston Dynamo - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Tacoma Defiance Signs Defender Danny Reynolds - Tacoma Defiance
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Gabriel Rosario - Atlanta United 2
- New Mexico United to Play Inter-Squad Scrimmage, Colorado Springs Snowed In - New Mexico United
- Final Two Preseason Matches Announced for 2020 - Louisville City FC
- New Mexico United's 2020 Roster Sees Addition of Talented Midfielder - New Mexico United
- Austin Bold FC Announces Return of Josue Soto and Jorge Troncoso - Austin Bold FC
- Orange County SC Signs Former Rangers Defender Rob Kiernan - Orange County SC
- LouCity Falls 1-0 to DC United of MLS in First Preseason Match - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Defiance Stories
- Tacoma Defiance Drops 2-1 Decision to San Diego Loyal SC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. San Diego Loyal SC - Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Tacoma Defiance Issues Statement on Governor Inslee Announcement
- Tacoma Defiance Enters into Standard USL Loan Agreements with Three Players
- Tacoma Defiance Opens 2020 Campaign with 3-1 Home Loss