T-Birds to Host Providence in Preseason Action September 30
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced on Thursday that they will host the Providence Bruins in a preseason contest at the MassMutual Center on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 3:05 p.m. ET.
The exhibition game comes less than 24 hours after the two clubs meet in preseason action at the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence on Saturday, Sept. 29 at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Single-game tickets for both the Sept. 30 preseason game, as well as individual games in the 2018-19 regular season, will be made available in the coming weeks. Fans with questions may contact the Thunderbirds front office at (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
Thunderbirds fans with Full Season, 22 Game, or 10 Game memberships will receive preseason game tickets as part of their package.
The preseason game on Sept. 30 will be the first chance for Thunderbirds fans to check out a new-look Springfield squad. Players who could potentially appear in uniform for the first time in Springfield include former Texas Stars forward/defenseman Matt Mangene, former Manitoba Moose defenseman Julian Melchiori, and former Milwaukee Admirals forward Harry Zolnierczyk.
In addition to these veteran additions, the Panthers organization also agreed to terms with former Thunderbird Paul Thompson and reigning AHL All-Star defenseman Jacob MacDonald.
There also figures to be an influx of first-year talent within the Panthers organization, including the likes of defenseman Riley Stillman and forwards Patrick Bajkov and Jonathan Ang. Each of those three players will be entering their first season as professionals, while forward Sebastian Repo may also make his North American hockey debut this season after spending the 2017-18 season in the Finnish league, Liiga, with Tappara.
Springfield Thunderbirds fans are encouraged to visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com to learn more about 2018-19 Thunderbirds Season Ticket Memberships. Packages include a wide range of benefits, including the lowest prices for the 2019 Lexus AHL All-Star Classic presented by MGM Springfield. For more information or to order now, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625) or visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 16, 2018
- Reign Announce Timing Change for February 10 - Ontario Reign
- Admirals to Host Chicago in Pre-Season Action September 29 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Chicago Wolves Set Exhibition Game for September 29 - Chicago Wolves
- Griffins Release 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Sign Olsen and Brown to AHL Deals - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' New Assistant Equipment Manager Named - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Roadrunners Announce Adrian Denny as the New "Voice of the Roadrunners" - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Community Fund Donates 500 Youth Hockey Helmets to Monsters Certified Learn to Play Programs - Cleveland Monsters
- Andrew Stegehuis Named Amerks Equipment Manager - Rochester Americans
- T-Birds to Host Providence in Preseason Action September 30 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Simpson Agrees to One-Year AHL Contract with Amerks - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- T-Birds Cap 2018-19 Season with Explosive 6-1 Win in Providence
- Greco Becomes First 30-Goal Scorer in T-Birds History in Sold out Finale
- Sold out MassMutual Center Sees T-Birds Stomp Sound Tigers, 7-2
- Thunderbirds Close 2018-19 Season with Three-Game Weekend
- T-Birds to Honor American International College Men's Hockey Team on Friday, April 12