Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Mikhail Shalagin to AHL Contract
SYRACUSE, N.Y. --- The Syracuse Crunch have signed forward Mikhail Shalagin to a one-year AHL contract, general manager Stacy Roest announced today. The team has also picked up the one-year option on defenseman Nolan Valleau.
Shalagin, 19, skated in 43 games with the MHK Spartak Moskva of the MHL last season tallying 75 points (48g, 27a) with a plus-31 rating, earning MHL MVP honors. His 48 goals set a new league record for the most in one season. The 6-foot-4, 185 pound forward also appeared in four games with the Moscow Spartak of the KHL and seven with the Khimik Voskresensk of the VHL tallying two goals.
Shalagin was selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the seventh round, 198th overall, at the 2019 NHL Draft.
Valleau, 26, skated in 68 games with the Crunch last season earning three goals and 17 assists along with a plus-20 rating. He also played in seven games with the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL posting four points (2g, 2a).
Ticket packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 6, 2019
- Sens Cruise to Victory in Rookie Showcase Opener - Belleville Senators
- Sens Hit the Ice as Rookie Showcase Gets Set to Begin - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Mikhail Shalagin to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Announce Single Game Tickets On-Sale Date and Promotional Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- IceHogs Unveil 2019-20 Promo Schedule - Rockford IceHogs
- Vegas Rookie Camp Signals Start of Chicago Wolves' Season - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.