Super Bowl Champion Wright Sr. Joins Sugar Skulls Defensive Line
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed veteran defensive lineman Manuel Wright Sr. for the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
DL Manuel Wright Sr. (6'7", 335, University of Southern California) joins the Sugar Skulls for his rookie season in the IFL, after having spent time playing for the Dolphins, Bills and Giants in the NFL. In 2007, Wright Sr. earned a ring as part of the Giants' Super Bowl XLII-winning team. Prior to his NFL career, Wright Sr. played two seasons at USC, where he appeared in 20 games and recorded 31 total tackles, five passes defended and two fumble recoveries. The two-time National Champion was a Pac-10 Honorable Mention selection during his junior year in 2004.
The Compton, California native spent his high school career at Long Beach Polytechnic High School, where he recorded 237 total tackles, 41 sacks, 20 passes defended and four fumble recoveries during his junior and senior year.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 20, 2020
- Super Bowl Champion Wright Sr. Joins Sugar Skulls Defensive Line - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Pirates Add Defensive Back and Defensive Lineman - Massachusetts Pirates
- Mass Pirates Release 2021 Schedule - Massachusetts Pirates
- Depth Of Defensive Line Strengthens With Reggie Howard - Massachusetts Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Secondary Bolsted with Signing of DB Jernigan
- Super Bowl Champion Wright Sr. Joins Sugar Skulls Defensive Line
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season
- Third-Year Defensive Lineman Francois Signs with Tucson
- Standout Wide Receiver Stanley Signs with Sugar Skulls