Sunday's FC Cincinnati MLS Home Opener is Sold Out
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati officials have announced that the first-ever Major League Soccer game at Nippert Stadium is sold out.
Ticket sales reached stadium capacity late this afternoon for Sunday's nationally televised kickoff on FS1. The 2019 MLS capacity for Nippert Stadium is 32,250.
With the capacity crowd expected, fans are asked to plan to arrive at the stadium early. University of Cincinnati garages will begin accepting FCC parking at 12 p.m.
Fans who do not have parking purchased in advance can secure single-game parking passes in advance to help ease entry. A limited number of single-game parking passes remain for Sunday's game and are available for purchase through 11:45 p.m. tonight at fccincinnati.com/parking.
Stadium gates will open at 3:30 p.m.
Fans should plan for new MLS security measures, including bag checks and use of hand-held metal detectors as they enter the gates.
Additional matchday-related information - including a list of prohibited items - is available at fccincinnati.com/matchday.
Fans can also find more important information to help them plan their visit to Nippert Stadium at the website.
Sunday's match will be televised live on FS1 and streamed on FOX Sports GO as John Strong (play-by-play), Stu Holden (analyst) and Katie Witham (sideline) will have the call of the historic game.
On the radio, WDJO will carry the FCC radio broadcast from Tommy Gelehrter (play-by-play), Kevin McCloskey (analyst) and Lindsay Patterson (sideline). That show will also be available on TuneIn, as well as fccincinnati.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 16, 2019
- Earthquakes Fall to New York Red Bulls on Road - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls Roll Past San Jose, 4-1, in MLS Home Opener - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Defeats Orlando City SC 3-1 - Montreal Impact
- Orlando City Falls 3-1 to Montreal - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Falls 1-0 at MAPFRE Stadium - FC Dallas
- Rodriguez's Brace Powers Dynamo to 3-2 Win over Vancouver - Houston Dynamo
- Montero and Bangoura score, but 'Caps fall in wild match against Houston - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Falls 4-2 to Seattle Sounders FC - Chicago Fire
- Following 4-2 Victory in Chicago, Sounders FC Begins Season 3-0-0 for the First Time Since 2009 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sunday's FC Cincinnati MLS Home Opener is Sold Out - FC Cincinnati
- LAFC Travels to New York City for First Road Game against NYCFC - Los Angeles FC
- Midfielder Saphir Taider Called up by Algeria - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1
- Nick Hagglund's game-winning goal lifts the Orange and Blue over Columbus
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland as a Homegrown Player
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 12, 2020