Strong Start Sends Lancers Past Storm, 4-2
Kearney, NE - The Omaha Lancers defeated the Tri-City Storm on Tuesday night at the Viaero Center by a final score of 4-2.
In the first period, the Lancers got things going early with a goal from Brendan Furry (12:52). Furry found the puck off of Bryce Brodzinski to the side of Jake Barczewski's net. Nearing the end of the period and on their first power-play attempt, Ryan Savage (19:02) snapped the loose puck over the shoulder of Barczewski. The Lancers held on to the 2-0 lead into the first intermission.
Bryce Brodzinski (1:38) netted a power-play goal to kick off the second period. The Lancers kept up the tempo and Brendan Furry (4:29) scored his second goal of the night on a breakaway. The Storm pulled Barczewski and called on Isaiah Saville to play between the pipes.
The Storm got on the board early in the third period on a power-play goal from Colton Kalezic (1:37). Minutes after, Filip Forsmark (6:45) got the Storm within two goals. The Storm received a late powerplay opportunity, and then pulled Saville for the extra attacker but could not get the puck past Schmid. The Lancers held on to win 4-2 against the Storm. The Lancers improve to 5-6-0-1 with 11 points.
Akira Schmid received his first win as a Lancers finishing the night stopping 46 of the 48 Tri-City shots he faced. Brendan Furry totaled 4 points, Bryce Brodzinski 2 points, Ryan Savage 2 points, Kern and Eriksson both dished out an assist.
The Lancers return to action on Friday, November 9th to face Tri-City at Ralston Arena. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:35 pm and all of the action can be heard on KOIL 1290 AM and seen on HockeyTV. The Lancers will be wearing specialty themed jerseys for Military Appreciation Night that will be available for a silent auction during the game.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Weekend Updates - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Black Hawks Swap Defensemen - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Free Youth Jerseys November 16th - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Affiliate Spotlight: Ian Pierce - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- RoughRiders' Matt Donovan Signs Two Year Deal with Nashville - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- First Raising Cane's Kids Day this Friday for 70s Night - Chicago Steel
- Players Deliver Books to the Boys & Girls Club of the Red River Valley - Fargo Force
- Strong Start Sends Lancers Past Storm, 4-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Fall 4-2 to Omaha - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.