Players Deliver Books to the Boys & Girls Club of the Red River Valley
Fargo Force hockey players visited members of the Boys & Girls Club of the Red River Valley to deliver books donated through their recent book drive.
This past October the Fargo Force hosted a book drive for kids as a way to promote the value, importance and enjoyment of reading and literacy. During this promotion, individuals who brought a book to Scheels Arena were able to receive one free game ticket per book.
Not only will this book donation encourage youth in our community to develop a love for reading, but this also impacts and supports the education and academic programs already being offered through the Club.
Fargo Force staff say this is a great way for them to promote the importance of reading and education for students of all ages.
"During the season we try to do a few different things during the year where we are giving back to the community just because we feel the community has given so much back to us and so this is just a really good way for us to involve different places in the community with giving the books to them and then also trying to get people out to the game," said Whitney Baumgartner, the Vice President of Business Operations.
Visit www.bgcrrv.org to learn more about the Boys & Girls Club of the Red River Valley and our mission is to provide a safe, caring and fun environment for kids to learn, grow and prepare for a bright future.
The Fargo Force are dedicated to being an active member of the community through their involvement and support of charitable organizations and causes. To learn more about the Fargo Force visit www.fargoforce.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2018
- Weekend Updates - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Black Hawks Swap Defensemen - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Free Youth Jerseys November 16th - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Affiliate Spotlight: Ian Pierce - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- RoughRiders' Matt Donovan Signs Two Year Deal with Nashville - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- First Raising Cane's Kids Day this Friday for 70s Night - Chicago Steel
- Players Deliver Books to the Boys & Girls Club of the Red River Valley - Fargo Force
- Strong Start Sends Lancers Past Storm, 4-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Fall 4-2 to Omaha - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.