'Stormers Rained Out
Tuesday night's scheduled game between the Lancaster Barnstormers and New Britain Bees at New Britain Stadium has been postponed due to heavy rains that passed through central Connecticut during the late afternoon and early evening hours.
The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Wednesday morning, beginning at 10:35. Both games will be seven innings in length.
Lancaster will start left-hander Nate Reed (2-0) and right-hander Steve Johnson (1-1) in the twinbill. The Bees will counter with right-hander Rainy Lara (0-1) and veteran lefty Andy Van Hekken (0-2).
Fans may tune into the Barnstormers YouTube channel, beginning at 10:15.
The Barnstormers have not been on the field since Saturday when they got one of two games in at Somerset around nearly three hours of delays.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 15, 2018
- 'Stormers Rained Out - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Game vs. Lancaster Postponed - New Britain Bees
- Former Big Leaguer Scribner Comes to New Britain - New Britain Bees
- Blue Crabs Bounce Back in Matinee - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Former Barnstormer Brandon Mann Called up to Texas Rangers - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Constellation Field to Host Fourth of July Celebration - Sugar Land Skeeters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lancaster Barnstormers Stories
- Christmas at Clipper Magazine Stadium
- Announcing ... Christmas at Clipper Magazine Stadium
- 15th Anniversary Season on Tap
- Reed Pitcher of the Year
- Darian Sandford Named to All-Defense Team