Storm Sign Sam Lofquist
The Guelph Storm Hockey Club announced today that they have singed defenceman Sam Lofquist to an Ontario Hockey League contract.
Prior to signing as a free agent, the Wisconsin born blue-liner attended the University of Minnesota for one full season in 2008-09. Missing some time due to a foot injury, the 19 year old suited up for only three of eight games this season. The 6.02, 205 lbs defenseman played for the U.S. National Development Team in Ann Arbor, MI before heading to Minnesota last season (2008-09) where he scored four points in 35 games along with 30 penalty minutes. The 19 year old was a part of both the US Under-17 and Under-18 programs.
"I was fortunate enough to see Sam play last year and liked his unselfish team play both offensively and defensively", Storm GM and Head Coach Jason Brooks said. "I see him being a team guy that will help our team move forward in the direction we want to take."
Lofquist will join his new team on Friday as they visit Plymouth to take on the Whalers. The 19 year old will make his home debut next Wednesday as the Storm host the Brampton Battalion at the Sleeman Centre for a 7:00 pm start.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2009
- Spirit Suffer 6-3 Loss To IceDogs - Saginaw Spirit
- Team OHL Calls On Ryan O'Connor For Subway Super Series - Saginaw Spirit
- Storm City Weekly - Guelph Storm
- It's Time To Button Up, Rangers Fans - Kitchener Rangers
- Kevin Martin, Storm For A Day - Guelph Storm
- London Knights Launch Grade 6 Math Program - London Knights
- Storm Sign Sam Lofquist - Guelph Storm
- Russia's Ivan Telegin to Play in Subway Super Series - Saginaw Spirit
- Attack Announce New Partnership with the Society of Energy Professionals - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Guelph Storm Stories
- Four Storm Players Selected to Play for Team OHL in the 2018 CIBC Canada Russia Series
- Annual Food Drive Is This Sunday
- Zack Terry and Daniil Chayka Chosen to Represent Their Countries at the Under-17 World Challenge
- Game Preview: First Responders Appreciation Day - Guelph vs. London, 2pm
- Game Preview: Storm vs. Attack, Oct 12th 7:30pm