Storm Mourn the Loss of Long Time Scout Cliff Long
The Storm family is deeply saddened by the loss of long-time scout Cliff Long who passed away on Friday at the age of 75.
Cliff dedicated his life to his family and the game of hockey spending over 60 years in various arenas and he loved every minute of it. A respected scout for the Storm, Cliff was a fixture at Minor Midget games throughout Eastern Ontario. He loved watching his grandchildren play most of all and was their biggest fan.
Cliff leaves behind a son, Jeff (Tammy) along with four grandchildren.
A memorial service will take place at Mackey Funeral Home in Lindsay on Saturday, September 21st from 2:00-4:00pm and a celebration of life will be held at The Locker, 14 Cameron Street.W, Cannington, ON from 5:00pm-8:00pm.
Donations in lieu of flowers can be made to the Ross Memorial Hospital.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Wolves Kick off Season with Pep Rally Tuesday - Sudbury Wolves
- OHL 20 in 20 Season Preview: Saginaw Spirit - Saginaw Spirit
- Sting to Offer Five Dollar Beer at All Friday Night Home Games - Sarnia Sting
- Storm Mourn the Loss of Long Time Scout Cliff Long - Guelph Storm
- Spirit Announce Changes to Front Office Staff - Saginaw Spirit
- Home Opener and Street Fest this Friday, September 20th - Guelph Storm
- IceDogs Acquire 2022 OHL Priority Selection Pick from Bulldogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack 2019-20 Season Dates to Remember - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.