IceDogs Acquire 2022 OHL Priority Selection Pick from Bulldogs
Niagara, ON - Niagara IceDogs' General Manager Joey Burke announced today that the club has completed a trade with the Hamilton Bulldogs, including overage forward Bradey Johnson.
In exchange, the IceDogs have received a 15th round selection in 2022.
"This was a difficult trade for us that brings mixed emotions." said Burke. "On the one hand it is very difficult to move a guy like Bradey who is a complete embodiment of what it means to be an IceDog. He is a high character individual with an unmatched work ethic, and a great teammate on and off the ice.
"At the same time this is a great opportunity for Bradey with a great organization in Hamilton. We are excited for him."
Johnson, a former 13th round pick in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection, first made his debut as an IceDog in December of 2016. In 158 games in Niagara, Johnson scored 22 goals, collected 26 assists, totalling 48 points. Known for his defensive play, Johnson became a staple on the penalty kill and was able to fill holes on the blue line, when needed.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Wolves Kick off Season with Pep Rally Tuesday - Sudbury Wolves
- OHL 20 in 20 Season Preview: Saginaw Spirit - Saginaw Spirit
- Sting to Offer Five Dollar Beer at All Friday Night Home Games - Sarnia Sting
- Storm Mourn the Loss of Long Time Scout Cliff Long - Guelph Storm
- Spirit Announce Changes to Front Office Staff - Saginaw Spirit
- Home Opener and Street Fest this Friday, September 20th - Guelph Storm
- IceDogs Acquire 2022 OHL Priority Selection Pick from Bulldogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Attack 2019-20 Season Dates to Remember - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.