Stockton Kings Return to Action November 5 Versus Santa Cruz Warriors
STOCKTON, Calif. - This season, the NBA G League is implementing an innovative structure, which will include two parts (a 14-game Showcase Cup and a traditional 36-game regular season) to create additional excitement and increase competition.
The Stockton Kings tip off the 2021-22 Showcase Cup on the road against Santa Cruz Warriors on Friday, Nov. 5 at 7pm for the first game of a back-to-back set. The team returns to Stockton Arena for its home opener on Sunday, Nov. 14 at 2pm versus division foe Agua Caliente Clippers, as part of another back-to-back set with the second game on Monday, Nov. 15 at 7pm.
Stockton goes into Thanksgiving week with two games at Salt Lake City (Nov. 23 and Nov. 26) before coming home to face G League Ignite for two matchups (Nov. 28 and Nov. 29). To begin December, the Stockton Kings will host a pair of games versus South Bay (Dec. 10 and Dec. 11) before going on the road at Oklahoma City (Dec. 15 and Dec. 17). Stockton will then finish the Showcase Cup at NBA G League Winter Showcase before beginning regular season play in Iowa (Dec. 28 and Dec. 30). After the Showcase Cup, team records will reset and teams will compete in the regular season, followed by a traditional NBA G League Playoffs, where the top six teams in each conference will qualify based solely on their performance in those 36 games.
The new year opens with a trip to Austin (Jan. 2) before Stockton hosts eight of its 11 total games throughout January, marking the team's season-high home tally during a month. The Stockton Kings will welcome Birmingham (Jan. 5 and Jan. 6), Oklahoma City (Jan. 9) and Agua Caliente (Jan. 14), trek to Santa Cruz for a solo matchup (Jan. 17), then host Sioux Falls for two dates (Jan. 20 and Jan. 23). The team visits Agua Caliente (Jan. 24) before closing the month back home against Salt Lake City (Jan. 27) and Iowa (Jan. 28).
In February, the schedule flips the script as the Stockton Kings hit the road for six of its 10 games, beginning with a pair of bouts against the Texas Legends (Feb. 2 and Feb. 4). Stockton plays their first back-to-back of the month at home versus Rio Grande (Feb. 8) and Salt Lake City (Feb. 9), then wraps up the week at Sioux Falls (Feb. 11). The Texas Legends come to town (Feb. 15) before Stockton travels to Tennessee for its final game before the All-Star break against Memphis Hustle (Feb. 17). The month ends with a home and away back-to-back set versus South Bay (Feb. 23) and at Agua Caliente (Feb. 24), followed by a rematch with the Lakers in Southern California (Feb. 26).
Stockton's regular season closes with an even split of seven games each at home and on the road. The month of March tips-off with three matchups at Stockton Arena versus Santa Cruz (March 2), Memphis Hustle (March 8) and Santa Cruz (March 10). The Stockton Kings play at South Bay (March 12) before returning for the final home games of the regular season hosting Oklahoma City (March 17) and Austin (March 19 and March 21). The schedule ends with a season-high six game road trip, as the team will head to Oklahoma City (March 23), Rio Grande (March 25 and March 26), Memphis (March 29), Birmingham (March 31) and the finale in Salt Lake City (April 2).
KEY FACTS ABOUT THE STOCKTON KINGS 2021-22 SCHEDULE
By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: November (4 home, 4 away = 8 total), December (2 home, 4 away = 6 total), January (8 home, 3 away = 11 total), February (4 home, 6 away = 10 total), March (6 home, 6 away = 12 total), April (0 home, 1 away = 1 total).
By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (3 home, 2 away = 5 total), Tuesday (3 home, 3 away = 6 total), Wednesday (4 home, 3 away = 7 total), Thursday (5 home, 4 away = 9 total), Friday (3 home, 6 away = 9 total), Saturday (2 home, 5 away = 7 total), Sunday (4 home, 1 away = 5 total).
Stockton's longest homestand is four games: Wednesday, Jan. 5 thru Friday, Jan. 14.
The Stockton Kings embark on their longest road trip of six games from Wednesday, March 23 thru Saturday, April 2 visiting Oklahoma City (March 23), Rio Grande Valley (March 25 and March 26), Memphis (March 29), Birmingham (March 31) and Salt Lake City (April 2).
Of the team's ten back-to-back sets, six are of the home-home variety, two are home-away and two are of the away-away variety.
There are zero instances of 4 games in 5 nights and also zero instances of 5 games in 7 nights.
The Stockton Kings 24-game home schedule features nine weekend contests at Stockton Arena (three games on Fridays, two games on Saturdays and four games on Sundays).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 14, 2021
- Swarm Announce 2021-22 Schedule - Greensboro Swarm
- Capitanes announce Rodrigo Serratos as Team President - Mexico City Capitanes
- Windy City Bulls Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Windy City Bulls
- Wisconsin Herd Announces 2021-22 Schedule - Wisconsin Herd
- Birmingham Squadron Release Inaugural Season Schedule - Birmingham Squadron
- Salt Lake City Stars Announce 2021-22 Season Schedule - Salt Lake City Stars
- Motor City Cruise Tip-Off 2021-22 G League Season on November 6 - Motor City Cruise
- Raptors 905 Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Raptors 905
- Westchester Knicks Complete Trade for Jaylen Hands - Westchester Knicks
- Grand Rapids Gold Release 2021-22 NBA G League Schedule - Grand Rapids Gold
- Go-Go Announce 2021-22 Schedule - Capital City Go-Go
- Iowa Wolves Release Innovative 2021-22 Season Schedule - Iowa Wolves
- Lakeland Magic 2021-22 Schedule Released - Lakeland Magic
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Westchester Knicks
- Memphis Hustle Announce 2021-22 Showcase Cup and Regular Season Schedules - Memphis Hustle
- Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Release Schedule for the 2021-22 G League Season - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2021-22 Regular-Season Schedule - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Announces Complete 2021-22 Season Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Release 2021-22 Season Schedule - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Schedule for the 2021-22 Regular Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Maine Celtics Announce Schedule for 2021-22 Season - Maine Celtics
- Cleveland Charge 2021-22 Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Charge
- NBA G League Ignite's Showcase Cup Schedule Set - NBA G League Ignite
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce 2021-22 Game Schedule - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets Announce 2021-22 Schedule - Long Island Nets
- Legends Announce Full 2021-22 Season Schedule - Texas Legends
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2021-22 NBA G League Schedule - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Announce 2021-22 Schedule - South Bay Lakers
- Vipers Announce 2021-22 Season Schedule - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA G League Tips off 2021-22 Season on November 5 with Innovative New Format - G League
- Stockton Kings Return to Action November 5 Versus Santa Cruz Warriors - Stockton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Tip-Off 2021-22 Season with Virtual Fan Fest Clinic and Local Leadership Hire
- Stockton Kings Return to Action November 5 Versus Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stockton Kings Name Basketball Operations Staff for 2021-22 Season
- Stockton Kings Name Bobby Jackson Head Coach
- Stockton Kings Season Update