Go-Go Announce 2021-22 Schedule
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards' NBA G League affiliate, announced today their 2021-22 regular season schedule, which will see the Go-Go return to action on November 5, 2021 against the Westchester Knicks at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
"We are so happy to be back in front of our fans in Southeast," said Go-Go General Manager Amber Nichols. "We're excited to see a full slate of games ahead of us and are looking forward to competing on the court at the Entertainment and Sports Arena again."
Capital City will play 12 games as part of the NBA G League Showcase Cup in December, squaring off against six Eastern Conference opponents in sets of back-to-back matchups. The team with the best winning percentage of the seven teams in the pod, as well as the four teams with the next best win-percentage across the league, will go on to play for the Showcase Cup in a single-elimination tournament at the NBA G League Winter Showcase between Dec. 19-22. The winners and runners-up will compete for a trophy and a monetary prize pool. Teams that do not qualify for the Showcase Cup will still play two games at the NBA G League Showcase in December.
To begin Showcase Cup play, the Go-Go will host the Westchester Knicks to kick off the season on November 5 and 6 before traveling to Long Island for matchups on November 10 and 12. The first segment of the schedule also holds home games against the College Park Skyhawks (November 28 and 30) and Delaware Blue Coats, which includes an 11:30 a.m. start time on December 9 and 3:00 p.m. matchup on December 11. Capital City will also make trips to the Maine Celtics (November 18 and 19) and Raptors 905, which includes a Saturday, December 4 matinee and an 11:00 a.m. tip at Scotiabank Arena on December 6.
Following the NBA G League Winter Break in December, all NBA G League records will reset, with Capital City playing 36 games against Eastern Conference opponents, 18 at the Entertainment and Sports Arena and 18 on the road to conclude the regular season. At the conclusion of the 36 games, the top six teams in each conference will continue to the NBA G League Playoffs. Of the 36 games, 10 games are slated to tip off at 3:00 p.m. or earlier, including a 1:00 p.m. tip against Westchester on January 26, an 11:30 a.m. start against College Park on February 9 and a 3:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon tip off against the Wisconsin Herd on March 20.
The 36 games will be composed of two matchups with College Park, Delaware, Maine, Raptors 905, Long Island and Westchester; three matchups with each of the remaining Eastern Conference opponents. Capital City will play the newly formed Motor City Cruise (Detroit Pistons affiliate) for the first time on Saturday, January 8, and will also face the rebranded Grand Rapids Gold (Denver Nuggets affiliate) and Cleveland Charge (Cleveland Cavaliers affiliate) during the second half of the schedule.
The Go-Go's longest homestand of the season will come between March 20-26, hosting Wisconsin, Delaware and Lakeland twice from March 20-26. Capital City's longest road stretch comes over the course of two weeks, where it makes trips to Long Island on November 10 and 12 and Maine on November 18 and 19. The Go-Go have six back-to-backs, four of which will take place against the same team in the same city on each night. Capital City never plays more than four games in any seven-day span and 27 of the 48 scheduled games fall on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, including 15 of 24 home games.
Capital City will introduce the Go-Go season pass for the 2021-22 season, which includes a ticket to each home game, allowing fans to enjoy the entire season for one low price. Fans interested in the new Go-Go Season Pass, STEM & Basketball game, or any home dates are encouraged to call (202) 864-4350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 14, 2021
- Swarm Announce 2021-22 Schedule - Greensboro Swarm
- Capitanes announce Rodrigo Serratos as Team President - Mexico City Capitanes
- Windy City Bulls Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Windy City Bulls
- Wisconsin Herd Announces 2021-22 Schedule - Wisconsin Herd
- Birmingham Squadron Release Inaugural Season Schedule - Birmingham Squadron
- Salt Lake City Stars Announce 2021-22 Season Schedule - Salt Lake City Stars
- Motor City Cruise Tip-Off 2021-22 G League Season on November 6 - Motor City Cruise
- Raptors 905 Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Raptors 905
- Westchester Knicks Complete Trade for Jaylen Hands - Westchester Knicks
- Grand Rapids Gold Release 2021-22 NBA G League Schedule - Grand Rapids Gold
- Go-Go Announce 2021-22 Schedule - Capital City Go-Go
- Iowa Wolves Release Innovative 2021-22 Season Schedule - Iowa Wolves
- Lakeland Magic 2021-22 Schedule Released - Lakeland Magic
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule - Westchester Knicks
- Memphis Hustle Announce 2021-22 Showcase Cup and Regular Season Schedules - Memphis Hustle
- Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Release Schedule for the 2021-22 G League Season - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2021-22 Regular-Season Schedule - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Announces Complete 2021-22 Season Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Release 2021-22 Season Schedule - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Schedule for the 2021-22 Regular Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Maine Celtics Announce Schedule for 2021-22 Season - Maine Celtics
- Cleveland Charge 2021-22 Schedule Presented by SeatGeek - Cleveland Charge
- NBA G League Ignite's Showcase Cup Schedule Set - NBA G League Ignite
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce 2021-22 Game Schedule - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Long Island Nets Announce 2021-22 Schedule - Long Island Nets
- Legends Announce Full 2021-22 Season Schedule - Texas Legends
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2021-22 NBA G League Schedule - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Lakers Announce 2021-22 Schedule - South Bay Lakers
- Vipers Announce 2021-22 Season Schedule - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA G League Tips off 2021-22 Season on November 5 with Innovative New Format - G League
- Stockton Kings Return to Action November 5 Versus Santa Cruz Warriors - Stockton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.