Sting's Perreault Signs with Ducks
Anaheim, CA - The Anaheim Ducks have signed right wing Jacob Perreault to a three-year entry-level contract.
Perreault, 18 (4/15/02), led the Sarnia Sting of the OHL in goals (39) and power-play goals (15), and ranked second among team leaders with 39-31=70 points in 57 games in 2019-20. The 5-11, 192-pound forward also ranked tied for fifth in PPG and tied for 10th in goals among OHL leaders.
Selected by Anaheim in the first round (27th overall) of the 2020 NHL Draft, Perreault was named to the OHL First All-Rookie Team in 2018-19 after scoring 30-25=55 points in 63 games with Sarnia, becoming the fifth 16-year old rookie to reach the 30-goal mark since 2009-10 (Cole Perfetti, Matt Puempel, Alex Galchenyuk, Arthur Kaliyev). Among OHL rookies in 2018-19, Perrault ranked second in goals, tied for second in PPG (7) and GWG (5) and fourth in scoring.
A native of Montreal, Quebec, Perreault's father, Yanic, scored 247-269=516 points in 859 career NHL games with Toronto, Los Angeles, Montreal, Nashville, Phoenix and Chicago from 1993-2008.
For more information visit nhl.com/ducks.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2020
- Sting Focus on Culture, Starts with Identifying Values & Supporting the Process - Sarnia Sting
- Sting's Perreault Signs with Ducks - Sarnia Sting
- Sting's Guy Launches Movember Campaign in Support of Men's Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention - Sarnia Sting
- Otters' Drysdale Signs with Ducks - Erie Otters
- OHL Launches New Online Shop - OHL
- Winning Jets Sign Cole Perfetti to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.