Stars Take Down Suns to Earn Eighth-Straight Win
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, collected their eighth consecutive win with a 125-100 victory over the Northern Arizona Suns on Saturday night at Bruin Arena.
Seven Stars posted double-digit performances, led by Utah Jazz two-way player Jarrell Brantley, who scored 20 points on 8-of-12 (.667) from the field. The forward also tallied eight rebounds, five assists and three steals. Jazz assignment player Nigel Williams-Goss finished with 13 points, seven rebounds, six assists and two steals. Jazz two-way player Justin Wright-Foreman added 17 points, while Kyle Collinsworth recorded 14 points and four rebounds. Trevon Bluiett (12 points), Isaac Haas (11 points) and Mike Scott (10 points) each scored in double figures off the bench.
Northern Arizona was led by Phoenix Suns assignment player Jalen Lecque, who scored a game-high 25 points off the bench. Norense Odiase tallied his second double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds, and Daxter Miles Jr. finished with 18 points for the Suns. Ahmed Hill added 12 points, four rebounds and three assists.
Despite a back-and-forth battle to start the game, Salt Lake City managed to build a 10-point lead (28-18) by the end of the first quarter. From that point, the Stars never looked back, increasing their lead to as many as 30 points in the fourth quarter.
The Stars shot 49 percent to the Suns' 41.7 percent and held the advantage in field goals (47-35), rebounds (49-39), assists (24-19), steals (7-3), points in the paint (74-40) and second chance points (20-6). Salt Lake City tallied single-digit turnovers, a season-low nine miscues compared to the Suns' 18. Northern Arizona knocked down more threes (10-8), recorded more fast break points (12-8) and blocked more shots (2-1).
Salt Lake City will head out on a three-game road trip beginning on Wednesday, Dec. 11, against the Oklahoma City Blue (Oklahoma City Thunder affiliate). The game tips off at 6 p.m. (MT) and will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Windy City Bulls, 118-83 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mason, Mathias Make a Splash in OKC - Texas Legends
- Bol with 21 Points as Windy City Prevails in Santa Cruz, 118-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Courtney Alexander II - Oklahoma City Blue
- Drive Fall Short to Skyhawks Sunday Afternoon - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Recall Cody Martin, Caleb Martin & Jalen McDaniels from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Nuggets Recall Vlatko Cancar from Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stars Take Down Suns to Earn Eighth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Blue Cruises Past Kings - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars Defeat Clippers to Earn Second Wire-To-Wire Victory of the Season
- Stars Add Willie Reed
- Stars Take Down Legends
- Stars Fall to Knicks
- Red Claws Edge Stars