Bol with 21 Points as Windy City Prevails in Santa Cruz, 118-83
The Windy Bulls presented by BMO Harris Bank, official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, got the victory over the Santa Cruz Warriors Sunday night, 118-83.
It was a defensive battle in the first half of this inter-conference matchup as both teams got a feel for one another. The Bulls knocked down a few more shots in the opening quarter to grab the early lead at 20-15.
Windy City, currently ranked third in the league in points off turnovers, played to their strength in the first half forcing 11 Santa Cruz turnovers and holding the Warriors to just .390 from the floor.
It was the big men setting the tone for the Bulls as both Simi Shittu and Bol Bol came out strong off the bench. Shittu finished the first half with eight points and four rebounds in just nine minutes of action.
Rejoining the Bulls this week and playing against his father's former organization, Bol entered the game firing from the outset, well exceeding his 11.4 points per game average in the first 24 minutes with 16 points on 6-for-7 shooting including 2-for-3 from the beyond the arc.
Jeremy Pargo and Alen Smailigic led the scoring for Santa Cruz with eight and nine points respectively. Smailigic also pitched in eight rebounds as Windy City extended their lead to ten at the half, 47-37.
The defensive work continued into the third quarter for the Bulls as they began to heat up from the field. Showing what they can do when the shots are falling, Chicago Bulls Two-Way player Max Strus and Milton Doyle led the way as Windy City outscored Santa Cruz 43-25 to stretch the lead to 28 leading into the final quarter.
The lead only grew in the fourth as the Bulls ended their night hitting at better than a fifty percent of their shots including 13 three-pointers and outscoring the Warriors in bench points 74-44.
Bol had his best professional outing thus far playing both ends of the floor and finishing with 21 points on 8-for-11 from the field and 3-for-5 five from long range, to go along with six rebounds and five blocks.
Shittu finished with 16 points, seven rebounds, two assists and two steals while Doyle contributed 23 points and P.J. Dozier dished out ten assists.
Windy City (6-5) returns home on Wednesday to host Raptors 905. Tip-off will be at 11 a.m. for Education Day presented by BMO Harris Bank.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Windy City Bulls, 118-83 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mason, Mathias Make a Splash in OKC - Texas Legends
- Bol with 21 Points as Windy City Prevails in Santa Cruz, 118-83 - Windy City Bulls
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Courtney Alexander II - Oklahoma City Blue
- Drive Fall Short to Skyhawks Sunday Afternoon - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Recall Cody Martin, Caleb Martin & Jalen McDaniels from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Nuggets Recall Vlatko Cancar from Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stars Take Down Suns to Earn Eighth-Straight Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Blue Cruises Past Kings - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Awarded the 2019-20 NBA G League's Promotion of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112