Stars Edged by Lancers 2-1 with Sellout Crowd
Stars hosted 4,310 fans in close game at home, Cole Krygier scores in the second period
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Lincoln Stars (14-18-0-1) were just edged 2-1 by the Omaha Lancers (21-10-2-0) on Saturday night at the Ice Box.
The Lancers scored early in the first period at 0:15 on a shot from Jack Randl to take a 1-0 lead. In the second period, Randl tallied a second goal at 3:33 to double the lead, 2-0. Stars defenseman Cole Krygier answered back at 6:28 with a backhanded shot in the right circle to cut the lead in half, 2-1.
The Stars maintained pressure and momentum throughout the contest, outpacing the Lancers in shots in each period. However, despite the effort, the Stars fell just short in a 2-1 loss.
Lancers goaltender Zach Driscoll (11-5-1) saved 36 of 37 shots in the win, while Stars netminder Derek Schaedig (6-3-1) stopped 12 of 14 shots in the loss. The Stars host the Sioux City Musketeers on Tuesday, Jan. 30 at 7:05 p.m. at the Ice Box.
Tickets are available by calling 402-474-7827, going to LincolnStars.com or stopping by the box office. Coverage is available on 93.7 The Ticket, Hockey TV and Lincoln Stars Radio.
Group and jump-in season tickets for the 2017-18 season are available by calling 402-474-7827. The Stars mobile app is also available in the iTunes and Google Play stores with "tap to buy" tickets, in-game push notifications and a rewards program that puts fans in the skates of a player. Download Now!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 28, 2018
- Storm Use Big 2nd Period to Down Flying Aces - Tri-City Storm
- Daschke-Trick - Madison Capitols
- DeNaples OT Goal Lifts Stampede Past Sioux City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Halt Capitols Point Streak with Road Victory - Chicago Steel
- Stars Edged by Lancers 2-1 with Sellout Crowd - Lincoln Stars
- GRESOCK'S HAT TRICK SPOILS THE SAINTS' PARTY - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.