Spurs Sports Academy to Host Virtual Basketball Camps for Young Athletes Starting July 13
SAN ANTONIO - Spurs Sports Academy today announced that it will host Spurs Virtual Summer Camps for young athletes in South and Central Texas looking to receive top-level instruction and further their basketball skills while staying at home. Registration for all virtual summer sessions is available now at spurs.com/virtualcamps. Spurs Sports Academy will kick off three weeks of virtual summer camps, presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, Gatorade, and Raising Cane's, beginning Monday, July 13.
Each weeklong virtual camp will provide instruction for male and female players ages 6-15 of all skill levels. Participating athletes will work toward becoming better players by learning basketball fundamentals and practicing drills while focusing on positive values and fun, through live and recorded sessions. Each week will feature special Spurs guest appearances, including San Antonio Spurs TV Analysts Matt Bonner and Sean Elliott, as well as sessions with Train the Mind, Positive Coaching Alliance, daily contests and prizes powered by Ballogy, and live Q&As with Spurs camp coaches.
Registration fees for each camper will include a certificate of completion, an exclusive Academy Sports + Outdoors discount and a free ticket to an upcoming Spurs home game, courtesy of Raising Cane's.
2020 Virtual Spurs Sports Academy Summer Camps:
Session 1 - July 13- 16
Boys & Girls | Ages 6-15 | $50 | Appearance by Matt Bonner
Session 2 - July 20- 23
Boys & Girls | Ages 6-15 | $50
Session 3 - July 27- 30
Boys & Girls | Ages 6-15 | $50 | Appearance by Sean Elliott
Required technology and resources:
Smartphone, Tablet, or Computer
Basic Equipment: Basketball, Athletic Shoes, and a Water Bottle
*While a basketball hoop is not required, participants will also have the option to advance their hoop skills through pre-recorded sessions.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from July 1, 2020
- Legends Continue Mission of the Month Program, Driven by Central Kia - Texas Legends
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Virtual Basketball Camps for Young Athletes Starting July 13 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Partner with Strikz to Host "Get Your Bowl On" Tournament - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Select Jonathan Kasibabu, Anthony Mathis and Kaleb Johnson in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright
- Spurs Announce Basketball Operations Staff Additions & Promotions
- Austin Spurs Head Coach Matthew Nielsen Appointed as Australian Boomers Head Assistant Coach
- Spurs Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Roster