Spits Lose First Home Game in Regulation: 3-2 against the Ice Dogs
The Niagara Ice Dogs rolled into town Saturday eveningÂ for a matchup with the Spitfires. Niagara took the first game of the season series by a score of 3-2 in overtime. The Spitfires were looking to avenge that lost from just two weeks ago.
In the first period, the Spitfires had 2 early powerplay chances but failed to capitalize on the first but D'Amico cashed in on the second putting the Spits up 1-0 just 7 and a half into the game. Just 2 and a half minutes later a bouncing puck found Purboo in the slot who wired it home giving the Spitfires a 2-0 lead. The Spitfires held that lead for the rest of the period and were leading in shots 12-3 after one period.
In the second frame, the Spitfires had a parade to the penalty box. Taking 4 minor penalties in just the second period. The Ice Dogs capitalized on 2 of the powerplays tying the game at 2. The shots were 23-12 in favour of Windsor.
In the third period, it only took the Ice Dogs a minute and a half to get on the board putting them up 3-2. The Spitfires down late had a powerplay and pulled the goalie for a 6 on 4 advantage they had plenty of shots but failed to put one in the net. With 3 seconds remaining the Ice Dogs took another penalty, the Spitfires got a quick shot off but it was stopped. The Spitfires fought hard and tried everything to tie the game but came up short falling 3-2.
The Spitfires next game is Thursday December 5thÂ as they take on the KitchenerÂ Rangers, puck drop 7:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2019
- Firebirds Back in the Win Column with 5-3 Triumph over Sarnia Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Steelheads Sharp in Overtime Loss - Mississauga Steelheads
- Troops' Trek Ends in Loss - North Bay Battalion
- Ottawa Completes Perfect Weekend Witha 6-1 Win over Battalion - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Win Hwy. 7 Rivalry over the Storm, 2-1 - Kitchener Rangers
- Generals and Frontenacs Game Postponed - Oshawa Generals
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Kingston and Oshawa - OHL
- Road Win Puts Knights on Top of the West - London Knights
- Sting Swarm the Greyhounds with a 8-3 Victory - Sarnia Sting
- Preview: Firebirds Host Sarnia for Family FUNday Game Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Petes Sink Otters to Sweep Weekend - Peterborough Petes
- Spits Lose First Home Game in Regulation: 3-2 against the Ice Dogs - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.