'Sox Drop Second Game in Series, 10-8
EVERETT, Wash. - After taking the lead in the fourth inning and hitting three home runs, the Spokane Indians defeated the Everett AquaSox, 10-8.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Spokane took the lead in the fourth inning when Scott Kapers hit a three-run home run. Teodoro Ortega walked Cash Gladfelter with bases loaded in the bottom of the inning, allowing Cade Marlowe to score. After Blaine Crim hit a three-run home run in the fifth, the Frogs trailed Spokane, 6-1.
After an RBI single from Patrick Frick, Miguel Perez's RBI double and a wild pitch, the Frogs tied the game in the sixth, scoring five runs in one inning. Frick hit another single in the bottom of the seventh and drove in Marlowe, giving the AquaSox a 7-6 lead.
Kenen Irizarry hit a solo homer for the Indians in the eighth, tying the game, 7-7. After an AquaSox throwing error, Starling Joseph scored the Indians' eighth run of the game. Before the end of the inning, Spokane scored two more runs, giving them a 10-7 lead.
Cesar Izturis Jr. scored in the bottom of the ninth, but the AquaSox were unable to bounce back, falling 10-8.
WRAPPING IT UP
At the plate, the AquaSox registered eight hits, including one double. On the mound, Deivy Florido started, pitching five innings with four strikeouts. Ivan Fortunato pitched 2.2 innings with four strikeouts while Brock Minich closed the game.
Up next, the AquaSox return to Funko Field on Thursday, August 22 for the final game of the series against the Spokane Indians. It's Pride Night at Funko Field! A limited number of AquaSox Pride shirts will be available for sale at the team store. As with every Thursday home game, it's Tasty Thursday! All Coors, Coors Light, soda, popcorn and hot dogs are just $2.50. Tickets, family outings and ticket packages are available for Thursday's game! For tickets, visit AquaSox.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 22, 2019
- Knight Called up to South Bend - Eugene Emeralds
- Volcanoes Win in Rain-Shortened Game over Boise 4-1 - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Stifling Southpaws Send Eugene to Second Straight Loss - Hillsboro Hops
- Hops Jump All over Ems to Take Second Game of Series - Eugene Emeralds
- Pitching Takes Center Stage in C's 1-0 Extra Innings Victory - Vancouver Canadians
- 'Sox Drop Second Game in Series, 10-8 - Everett AquaSox
- Dust Devils Drop Extra Innings Heartbreaker - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Rainy Conditions Call Game Early in Hawks 4-1 Loss to Volcanoes - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.