Southern League Announce Players Of The Week May 17-23
June 1, 2010 - Southern League (SL) News Release
Hitter of the Week
Trayvon Robinson - Chattanooga
Despite his team not bringing home a win on May 24th, Trayvon Robinson gave it his best, knocking two homers, a solo shot in the bottom of the second and another in the bottom of the ninth. He would end the week with three total homeruns, five RBI and a .714 slugging percentage. Robinson's heavy hitting helped Chattanooga win three games last week and he proved himself a team player with his ability to get on base and bring his teammates home. Born in Los Angeles, California, he has been moving up the ranks of the Dodgers system since 2005.
Pitcher of the Week
Jake McGee - Montgomery
Jake McGee struck out eleven batters pitching only seven innings this week. He took his first win of the season Friday night against Tennessee, and allowed no runs. That night Montgomery triumphed over Tennessee 6-1. McGee has a .523 ERA this season and has racked up 37 strikeouts in 32.2 innings pitched. McGee was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the fifth round of the June Amateur Draft of 2004 and he was born in San Jose, California.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from June 1, 2010
- Back-to-Back Triples in a Four-Fun 4th Inning Boosts Braves to Victory - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Beat Down BayBears, 11-2 - Huntsville Stars
- Stars' 10-Run Second Buries BayBears - Mobile BayBears
- Mudcats Edged by Jacksonville, 5-4 - Carolina Mudcats
- Jaxx Beat Lookouts, Win Fourth Straight - Jackson Generals
- Bibens-Dirkx Paces Smokies to 3-0 Win - Tennessee Smokies
- Diamond Jaxx Trump Lookouts, 5-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Stanton Hits 19th and 20th Home Runs, Suns Remain in Control of First Place - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Barons Announce Hall Of Fame Selections - Birmingham Barons
- Southern League Announce Players Of The Week May 17-23 - SL
- RHP Mark Rogers And Catcher Martin Maldonado Promoted To Nashville - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.