RHP Mark Rogers And Catcher Martin Maldonado Promoted To Nashville
HUNTSVILLE, ALA. - The Milwaukee Brewers have made some roster moves that will impact their Double-A affiliate Huntsville Stars prior to tonight's game against Mobile.
RHP Mark Rogers and catcher Martin Maldonado have been promoted to Triple-A Nashville. In nine starts with the Stars in 2010, Rogers is 2-4 with a 3.60 ERA. He only allowed one home run in that span.
Maldonado was batting .252 (26-for-103) with 12 RBI in 34 games for Huntsville this year. He was called up from Single-A Brevard County back on May 21 when Stars catcher Jonathan Lucroy was promoted to Nashville.
In a related move, Catcher Angel Salome has been transferred from Nashville to Huntsville. Salome was batting .333 (4-for-12) in five games for Nashville this year. He was placed on the temporary inactive list for the Sounds back on April 14.
LHP Dan Merklinger has been promoted to Huntsville from Single-A Brevard County. Merklinger was 2-1 with a 4.56 ERA in ten appearances for the Manatees. In his last start on May 27, he threw five innings, giving up two runs on three hits. He walked four and struck out five.
These moves keep the Stars active roster at 23, one below the Southern League limit of 24.
The Stars and BayBears face off for game two of a five-game series tonight at 7 p.m. at Joe Davis Stadium. It's a KRAFT Singles Tuesday Night Tickets. Just show a KRAFT Singles wrapper at the ticket office to get two tickets for the price of one. For more information, visit www.huntsvillestars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from June 1, 2010
- Back-to-Back Triples in a Four-Fun 4th Inning Boosts Braves to Victory - Mississippi Braves
- Stars Beat Down BayBears, 11-2 - Huntsville Stars
- Stars' 10-Run Second Buries BayBears - Mobile BayBears
- Mudcats Edged by Jacksonville, 5-4 - Carolina Mudcats
- Jaxx Beat Lookouts, Win Fourth Straight - Jackson Generals
- Bibens-Dirkx Paces Smokies to 3-0 Win - Tennessee Smokies
- Diamond Jaxx Trump Lookouts, 5-2 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Stanton Hits 19th and 20th Home Runs, Suns Remain in Control of First Place - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Barons Announce Hall Of Fame Selections - Birmingham Barons
- Southern League Announce Players Of The Week May 17-23 - SL
- RHP Mark Rogers And Catcher Martin Maldonado Promoted To Nashville - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.