Sounders FC VOTE Tour Presented by Starbucks Kicks off Tomorrow, October 27
SEATTLE, WASH. - Tomorrow, Tuesday, October 27, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. PT, former Sounder Brad Evans is visiting the White Center Starbucks Community Store to kick off the Sounders FC VOTE Tour presented by Starbucks. Those stopping by the event can enjoy free coffee samples courtesy of Starbucks while Evans hands out up to 100 high-quality RAVE Foundation soccer balls for youth and takes socially distant selfies with fans. Please note facemasks are required.
The Sounders FC VOTE Tour is a three-day event taking place this week to encourage voter turnout and celebrate voting early. Evans is visiting 12 ballot box locations identified by King County Elections as having historically lower turnout in King County. At each location, Evans will distribute "VOTED" stickers and offer the opportunity for fans to take socially distant selfies.
The stickers feature a custom design by local artist and activist Teddy "Stat" Phillips. Phillips and Sounders FC have collaborated on several projects this year, including Phillips designing an armband to honor the Black Lives Matter movement that was worn by Sounders FC captain Nico Lodeiro during the MLS is Back Tournament.
Sounders FC and Starbucks have partnered on the VOTE Tour as a way for both organizations to further their belief that voting in every election makes communities stronger and more equitable. Washington State's 18-day voting period opened on October 16 and continues through 8:00 p.m. PT on November 3. Sounders FC and Starbucks encourage all eligible voters to register, vote and vote early.
For more information about the Sounders FC VOTE Tour presented by Starbucks, including a full list of dates, times and ballot box locations, visit SoundersFC.com/Vote.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 26, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Montreal Impact in New Jersey - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 26, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Announce Club Will Not Host Fans at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park on November 1 - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: October 28, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Randall Leal, Walker Zimmerman Named to MLS Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Confirms 1 Positive COVID-19 Case - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC VOTE Tour Presented by Starbucks Kicks off Tomorrow, October 27 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- USL Provides Update on Orlando City B, Chattanooga Red Wolves Match - Orlando City SC
- Jack Price Dons Captain's Armband Inspired by Denver's Black Lives Matter Street Art - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 26, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Advances to MLS Western Conference Championship with 1-0 Win over FC Dallas
- Civic Activations Continue in Seattle Area as Sounders FC Hosts FC Dallas in Western Conference Semifinal Tonight
- Sounders FC Joins Washington Employers for Racial Equity Coalition
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs