Sporting KC Weekly
Occupying first place in the Western Conference after an impressive 4-0 home victory over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday, Sporting Kansas City (10-6-3, 33 points) will look to continue their winning ways on Wednesday with a visit to FC Cincinnati (4-12-4, 16 points) at 6:30 p.m. CT. Sporting can clinch a berth in the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with a win or a draw in Cincinnati's final regular season home match at Nippert Stadium before the club moves into its new West End Stadium next year.
Wednesday's cross-conference encounter will be shown live on FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest and FOX Sports GO, including 30 minutes of pregame coverage beginning at 6 p.m. CT as well as a 30-minute postgame show. Listeners can also follow the action on Sports Radio 810 WHB and La Grande 1340 AM, with The Final Whistle airing immediately afterward on 810 AM. Viewers outside of the FOX Sports Midwest footprint can stream the contest on ESPN Plus.
After traveling to face FC Cincinnati, Sporting Kansas City will return to Children's Mercy Park for the club's regular season home finale against regional rivals Minnesota United FC (7-5-6, 27 points) at 6:30 p.m. CT on Sunday. Tickets for the match are available at SeatGeek.com with stadium capacity reduced to 18% and comprehensive health and safety protocols in place.
FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest and FOX Sports GO will provide three hours of live programming on Sunday starting at 6 p.m. CT. ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM will also carry the game locally, followed by The Final Whistle postgame show on 94.5 FM. Viewers outside of the FOX Sports Midwest region can stream the match on ESPN Plus.
A new episode of the Sporting Kansas City Show will debut Tuesday at 6 p.m. CT on Sports Radio 810 WHB. Hosts Nate Bukaty, Carter Augustine and Aly Trost will hear from a Sporting guest, recap a busy week of MLS action and preview this week's matches against FC Cincinnati and Minnesota United FC. Previous episodes of the Sporting Kansas City Show are available here.
Major League Soccer's Secondary Transfer Window will close Thursday in conjunction with the MLS Roster Freeze Date. On Thursday, all clubs must submit a final roster for the remainder of the 2020 campaign and cannot make any additional roster changes until after MLS Cup 2020, which is scheduled for Dec. 12.
Audi and Bleacher Report will release Episode 3 of "The Academy" on Friday, shining a spotlight on the Sporting Kansas City Academy and its youth development system. Over the course of five episodes, "The Academy" will provide an all-access look at the commitments and sacrifices that young athletes make within the Sporting KC Academy. To watch each episode and to learn more about the Audi Goals Drive Progress program, visit bleacherreport.com.
For news, videos, photos and instant updates throughout the 2020 season, follow Sporting Kansas City on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and download the official Sporting KC app.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 26, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Montreal Impact in New Jersey - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 26, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Announce Club Will Not Host Fans at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park on November 1 - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: October 28, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Randall Leal, Walker Zimmerman Named to MLS Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Confirms 1 Positive COVID-19 Case - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC VOTE Tour Presented by Starbucks Kicks off Tomorrow, October 27 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- USL Provides Update on Orlando City B, Chattanooga Red Wolves Match - Orlando City SC
- Jack Price Dons Captain's Armband Inspired by Denver's Black Lives Matter Street Art - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 26, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.