FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 26, 2020
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are set to play the club's final match at Nippert Stadium when they host Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday, Oct. 28. The Orange and Blue have called Nippert Stadium home for all five of the club's seasons - three in the USL Championship (2016-18) and two in Major League Soccer (2019-20). Through 83 all-time matches across all competitions, FCC are 37-23-23 in matches played at Nippert Stadium.
Following Wednesday's home finale, FC Cincinnati will travel to Atlanta to play Atlanta United FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sunday, Nov. 1. The Orange and Blue are 1-1-0 against the Five Stripes this season. In the clubs' most recent matchup on July 16, Frankie Amaya scored his first professional goal to propel FC Cincinnati to a 1-0 win in the MLS is Back Tournament.
FC Cincinnati (4-12-4, 16 pts.) enter the week following a 1-0 defeat to Minnesota United FC at Nippert Stadium on Saturday night. Defender Zico Bailey made his first start for FCC as the club started three 20-year-old players for the first time in its history.
Sporting Kansas City (10-6-3, 33 pts.) open the week atop the Western Conference standings following a 4-0 victory against Colorado in the Rapids' first match since Sept. 23. Alan Pulido, Andreu FontÃ s, Gadi Kinda and Gerso Fernandes tallied second-half goals to give Sporting the decisive victory.
Atlanta United FC (5-11-4, 19 pts.) enter the week following a 2-1 defeat to D.C. United at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta's Jon Gallagher tallied a late equalizer in the 89th minute, but Gelmin Rivas' stoppage-time goal ensured all three points for the visitors.
Farewell to Nippert
FC Cincinnati are set to play their 84th and final competitive match at Nippert Stadium across all competitions when they host Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday, Oct. 28 ... the Orange and Blue have called Nippert Stadium home for all five of the club's seasons - three in the USL Championship and two in Major League Soccer ... in addition to competitive matches, FCC have hosted three international friendlies at their home venue ... FC Cincinnati have posted a 37-23-23 all-time record across all competitions at Nippert Stadium
For the first time in club history, FC Cincinnati started three players 20 years old or younger against Minnesota United FC on Oct. 24 ... Frankie Amaya, Zico Bailey and Alvaro Barreal - all 20 years old - started for the Orange and Blue in Saturday's match ... Bailey made his first start for FC Cincinnati in the match ... the defender played all 90 minutes and completed 35-of-37 passes for a passing accuracy of 94.6%
FC Cincinnati will be back in action on Wednesday, Oct. 28 when the club bids farewell to Nippert Stadium in its home finale against Sporting Kansas City. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. Season ticket deposits are now being accepted for traditional reserved seating and The Bailey. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 26, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Montreal Impact in New Jersey - Nashville SC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 26, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Announce Club Will Not Host Fans at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park on November 1 - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: October 28, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Randall Leal, Walker Zimmerman Named to MLS Team of the Week - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Confirms 1 Positive COVID-19 Case - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC VOTE Tour Presented by Starbucks Kicks off Tomorrow, October 27 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Sergio Santos Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- USL Provides Update on Orlando City B, Chattanooga Red Wolves Match - Orlando City SC
- Jack Price Dons Captain's Armband Inspired by Denver's Black Lives Matter Street Art - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 26, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2021 Season
- Gyau scores first FCC goal as Orange and Blue conclude 2020 MLS season
- Two FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams
- FC Cincinnati Academy Announces Discovery Program Dates