Somerset Drops Opener in York
York, Pennsylvania - The Somerset Patriots (32-21) dropped the opener of a three-game series 2-1 to the York Revolution (24-32) Friday night at PeoplesBank Park.
Somerset jumped ahead in the third inning on a Will Kengor two-out RBI single. York responded just one half-inning later on a two-out RBI single from Henry Castillo to tie the game back at 1-1.
The game remained tied at one until a Welington Dotel RBI infield single in the bottom of the sixth inning put the Revs in front 2-1. That run ultimately proved to be the difference in the close ballgame.
Somerset brought the tying run into scoring position in both the eighth and ninth innings, but failed to even the score against the Revolution bullpen.
Ian Thomas (W, 2-0) allowed one run over six innings to earn the win. Ryan Kussmaul (L, 1-2) struck out a season-high seven batters but yielded two runs over five and one-third innings to take the loss. Jameson McGrane (S, 2) tossed a scoreless ninth to finish the night.
The Patriots and Revolution continue their three-game series Saturday night. Righty Liam O'Sullivan (3-3, 3.40 ERA) takes the mound for Somerset against Revs righty Dan Minor (4-4, 4.89 ERA). First pitch at PeoplesBank Park is scheduled for 6:35 pm.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue on the road until Friday, June 28th when the team returns to TD Bank Ballpark for a 7:05 pm game against the Long Island Ducks. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Somerset Patriots pitcher Ryan Kussmaul
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from June 21, 2019
- Bees Sting Skeeters In Series Opener - New Britain Bees
- Incredible Rally Helps Ducks Secure Doubleheader Split - Long Island Ducks
- Thomas Toys with Patriots as Revs Claim Close Victory - York Revolution
- Somerset Drops Opener in York - Somerset Patriots
- Blue Crabs Rock High Point in Series Opener - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Revs Keep Rolling with Another Big Comeback Win - York Revolution