Smokies drop first game to Lookouts
SEVIERVILLE, Tenn.- The Tennessee Smokies fell to the Chattanooga Lookouts 8-4 on Wednesday night in front of 3,740 fans at Smokies Park.
The Smokies jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning but were victimized by former players Javier Colina, Noochie Varner and Dewayne Wise in the loss.
The trio combined to go 7-for-15 against Smokies pitching in propelling the Lookouts to the victory and expanding their lead in the North Division to two games.
The Lookouts scored runs in both the second and third inning before pushing three more across the board in the fourth inning to take a lead it would not relinquish.
The two teams play again at noon on Thursday in the second of a five-game series.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from June 14, 2006
- Suns win 14th straight at Mississippi - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Biscuits subdue BayBears, 5-2 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies drop first game to Lookouts - Tennessee Smokies
- Unearned run downs Braves - Mississippi Braves
- Montgomery beats Mobile 5-3 - Mobile BayBears
- Stars hammer Jaxx - Jackson Generals
- Birmingham tops Mudcats, 2-1 - Birmingham Barons
- Molina heads to DL - Carolina Mudcats
- Birmingham nips Carolina, 2-1 - Carolina Mudcats
- Salas promoted to Durham - Montgomery Biscuits
- Tommy John appearance to highlight festivities at the 11th Annual Rickwood Classic - Birmingham Barons
- First half champs start second half at home Monday - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tennessee Smokies Stories
- Smokies Host a Third Job Fair at Smokies Stadium
- Tennessee Smokies Announce Individual Ticket Sales Information
- Tennessee Smokies Reveal 2021 Game Times
- Smokies Host Second Job Fair at Smokies Stadium
- Job Fair Takes Place At Smokies Stadium on March 5 and March 6