Slammers Come up Short in Game Two
JOLIET, IL - On a beautiful night for game two of the series against Équipe Québec, the Slammers were looking to even the series to one game a piece. Victory quickly fell out of reach as Québec's bats came alive late in the game scoring three runs in the final few frames, and the jailbirds were unable to come through with runners on the bags. Right hander Cam Auferheide took the mound for Joliet to start game two.
After a scoreless inning to open the ballgame, the Slammers struck first as Tyler Depreta-Johnson hit a single bringing Dylan Hardy home. The Slammers wouldn't score again until the bottom of the fourth with Patrick Causa being brought home by a Lane Baremore single. Another run wouldn't cross the plate until the bottom of the ninth with Lane Baremore crossing the plate bringing the score to 5-3 in favor of Équipe Québec.
Équipe Québec scored 2 runs early on in the game, one in the fourth and the other in the fifth, with the three late runs being the final nails in the coffin for the Slammers.
With some cold bats for the Slammers tonight, a total of 10 men were left on base with 11 total hits. Between the three pitchers who came to the mound for the jailbirds, there were a total of 9 strikeouts in tonight's game.
Équipe Québec took another win over the Slammers tonight bringing the series to a 2-0 deficit in the favor of Québec. This brings the Slammers record to 7-11 on the season.
The next home game is Thursday, June 17th. Thursday's game will be the final game of the series against Équipe Québec. Gametime will be 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 17, 2021
- Miners Drop Series Finale at Lake Erie - Southern Illinois Miners
- Wild Things Drop Finale to Florence - Washington Wild Things
- In Comeback Fashion the Florence Y'alls Take Game 3 against Washington - Florence Y'alls
- Lake Erie offense breaks out in win over Miners - Lake Erie Crushers
- Boulders Complete Sweep Of Miners - New York Boulders
- Pitching and Defense Lead to 7-3 Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Denton Provides Big Blast, Gossmann Sharp in Otters Win - Evansville Otters
- Slammers Come up Short in Game Two - Joliet Slammers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.