Six New York Red Bulls in Action for October International Window
HARRISON, N.J. - Six New York Red Bulls will be in action with their national teams during the October international window. Kaku, Kemar Lawrence and Aaron Long will all join their senior national teams, while Omir Fernandez, Kyle Duncan and Cristian Casseres Jr. will join under-23 squads.
All players will depart to join their national teams following the Red Bulls match in Montreal on Sunday, October 6. The MLS playoffs will begin the weekend of October 19-20, following the conclusion of the international break.
Kaku will rejoin Paraguay for a pair of matches, taking on Serbia on October 10 in Serbia, and Slovakia on Sunday, October 13 in Slovakia. Kaku has been a consistent call up for Paraguay since making the one-time switch to La Albirroja in May of 2018. Kaku has earned three caps for Paraguay thus far.
Lawrence, a first-choice defender for Jamaica since 2015, will join the Reggae Boyz for a pair of Concacaf Nations League matches against Aruba, on October 12 in Jamaica and October 15 in Curaçao. Jamaica currently sits atop Group C with wins over Guyana and Antigua and Barbuda.
Long and the U.S. Men's National Team get their Concacaf Nations League campaign going with matches against Cuba and Canada in Group A play. The USMNT hosts Cuba in Washington, D.C. on October 11 and faces Canada in Toronto on October 15. Long now has 13 caps to his name, most recently starting both of the U.S.' September friendlies against Uruguay and Mexico.
A pair of Red Bulls Academy products, Omir Fernandez and Kyle Duncan, will join the U.S. Men's U-23 camp from October 7-15 under U-23 head coach Jason Kreis. Fernandez and Duncan both joined the USMNT U-23s for a similar camp in September.
Cristian Casseres Jr. will head in with the Venezuela U-23 squad for matches against Brazil on October 7 and Bolivia on October 16. Casseres Jr., 19, has progressed through Venezuela's youth national teams, featuring at the U-20 CONMEBOL Championships earlier this year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 4, 2019
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Impact Hosts New York Red Bulls on Fan Appreciation Day - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Celebrates 2019 Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, October 6 against Minnesota - Seattle Sounders FC
- Four Atlanta United Players Receive International Call-Ups - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City to Close out 2019 MLS Season against Chicago Fire - Orlando City SC
- Six New York Red Bulls in Action for October International Window - New York Red Bulls
- Five Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Roster - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Quintet Invited to U.S. U-23 National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Two Sounders FC Players Named to USL's 20 Under 20 List - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvSKC: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Preview: Sporting to Visit FC Dallas in Sunday's Season Finale - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to Montreal for Decision Day, Presented by AT&T - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Fall Short to Philadelphia, 4-3 in Overtime
- New York Red Bulls, Newark Board of Education and Southern New Hampshire University Launch "Goal for Perfect Attendance" Program
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Luis Robles Named a Finalist for MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis