Sioux City Bandits Make Head Coaching Change
The Sioux City Bandits of the United Indoor Football Association announce today that Richard Britt has resigned his position as Head Coach effective immediately.
Britt resigned due to personal reasons. Richard coached the Bandits to a season opening loss 47-26 to the Omaha Beef on March 24. The Bandits had a bye week last weekend. GM/Managing Partner Bob Scott "The Bandits organization would like to Thank Richard for his efforts and hard work. We wish him the best in his future endeavors."
Assistant Coach Roger Jansen has been named Interim Head Coach for the rest of the season. Jansen has been on the Bandits coaching staff for 5 of the 7 years the team has been in existence. Jansen is also the highly successful Head Coach at Bishop Heelan High School. Bob Scott "We are fortunate to have a good staff in place that can step in with Richard's departure. I am confident that Roger along with Tom and Pat will do a great job running our football team."
The Bandits also announce today that former Head Coach Jose Jefferson has been brought back on board as a Team Consultant.
The Bandits continue their three game home stand this Friday night when the host the two time defending UIF Champion Sioux Falls Storm at the Tyson Center.
• Discuss this story on the United Indoor Football Association message board...
United Indoor Football Association Stories from April 2, 2007
- Sioux City Bandits Make Head Coaching Change - Sioux City Bandits
- BlueCats Thump Greyhounds 47-24 - Evansville BlueCats
- Youth camp Sunday - Rock River Raptors
- Deadlines to Register for "Storm Chaser" Bus Trips Approaching - Sioux Falls Storm
- Week Three Brings Three Days and Three Time Zones of UIF Games - UIF
- UIF Week Two Summary - UIF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.