Silvertips Collect Franchise Record 9,719 Stuffed Animals Donated Through Teddy Bear Toss
EVERETT, Wash. - The Everett Silvertips (@WHLSilvertips) have announced that a franchise record 9,719 stuffed animals and teddy bears were donated and collected during their annual Teddy Bear Toss game presented by Jersey Mike's - Evergreen Way, Dec. 15 against the Seattle Thunderbirds at Angel of the Winds Arena in downtown Everett.
The Silvertips hosted this year's Teddy Bear Toss game in collaboration with Christmas House, Jersey Mike's Evergreen Way, Les Schwab Tires, and Warm 106.9's Teddy Bear Patrol. The Silvertips' first goal of the night was scored by second year forward Martin Fasko-Rudas in the first period at 7:57. Following the goal, nearly 9,800 teddy bears and stuffed animals were thrown onto the ice by the sellout crowd of 8,133 in attendance.
The Silvertips defeated the Thunderbirds, 6-1 that evening with representatives from NHL Seattle and USA Hockey in attendance.
The Teddy Bear toss game is designed to collect donations and toys for organizations such as Christmas House, and give them to underprivileged families with children with ages varying from infant to 18 years of age.
Christmas House is a 100% volunteer non-profit organization that provides free stuffed animals and toys for low income families in Snohomish County during the holiday season. Christmas House is in their 38th year collecting donations and toys for families, and donates toys and stuffed animals for Christmas to underprivileged families.
The Silvertips have helped collect and donate over 34,700 stuffed animals since the return of Teddy Bear Toss to downtown Everett in 2015-16.
The Silvertips are currently in the holiday break with the second most points in the WHL, ranked #5 in the CHL Top 10. The Tips return to play Friday, Dec. 28 at Spokane beginning at 7:05 p.m. (KRKO / Tips App / WHL Live) and return home the next evening at 7:05 p.m., hosting the Prince George Cougars in downtown Everett. Tickets are available at www.everettsilvertips.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 19, 2018
- Raiders, Silvertips Remain in Top Five of Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings to Close out 2018 - WHL
- Silvertips Collect Franchise Record 9,719 Stuffed Animals Donated Through Teddy Bear Toss - Everett Silvertips
- Americans to Host Chiefs for Annual New Year's Eve Game - Tri-City Americans
- Seven Hitmen Prospects to Play in Mac's Tournament - Calgary Hitmen
- Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings Unveiled - WHL
- Prospect Grady Lane Named to Team Manitoba - Spokane Chiefs
- Giants Prospect Justin Lies to Represent Manitoba at 2019 Canada Winter Games - Vancouver Giants
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Carter Hart Earns 1st Star Victory with Philadelphia Flyers as 19th Former Silvertips Player to Make his NHL Debut - Everett Silvertips
- Sweden and Russia dazzle in front of sold-out crowd - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.