Siegel's Saturday Night Talent for Tanager Place
The Kernels announce a partnership with Siegel's Jewelry that will benefit local talent and Tanager place throughout the 2012 baseball season.
The Kernels are taking video submissions (90 seconds or less in length) that contain appropriate, family-friendly talent through the Kernels' Facebook page. Every Saturday home game, the Kernels will feature one of those talents, live during the game. The talent will have 90 seconds to showcase their abilities during the game and then Kernels fans will go on-line and vote for the talents they enjoyed by selecting 'like' back on the Kernels' Facebook page.
There will be seven Saturdays where the live talents are shown. Even if a talent does not make it live to the Kernels, they will have a chance to earn their way into the finale on Saturday, September 1st, when the Kernels will showcase three of the talents that have the most LIKES.
The three talents on September 1st will be raising money for Tanager Place by having fans 'vote' for them that day through $1 donations in jars labeled for each talent. At the end of the game on September 1st, we will tally up the 'votes' and after the post-game fireworks show, we will announce the winner and the amount of money raised for Tanager place that night.
Send in your submissions right away and get your friends to immediately like it as we will be choosing a talent for this Saturday's game this week. The Kernels and Tanager Place would like to thank Siegel's Jewelry for their support of local talent and Tanager Place.
Official Contest Rules will be posted on the Kernels website (www.kernels.com) under the Promotions Tab.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 23, 2012
- Big inning sends Kernels to 8-3 loss at Dayton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bees Beat Loons 8-4 - Burlington Bees
- Walden, Lugnuts cruise past Chiefs, 7-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Fall 5-3 at Clinton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Pedrotty Earns First Win, Hawks Down Rattlers 8-1 - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Offense Boosts Jenkins to First Win for Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Lose to Lansing 7-3 Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Rice's Homer All the Offense in Monday's Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Win 8-3; Close out Series Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend scores big win - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Golf with the Rattlers; Help The Miracle League of the Fox Valley - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Claim Slugfest Over Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Back and Forth Game Goes Captains Way 11-8 - Lake County Captains
- Loons to Host Wine Tasting Event at Dow Diamond this Friday - Great Lakes Loons
- Siegel's Saturday Night Talent for Tanager Place - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Get to Know the Snappers - First Up, LHP Jason Wheeler - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Announce Youth Camp Dates - Dayton Dragons
- Bees' Granier Wins Player of the Week - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Gameday for April 23 - Dayton Dragons
- Inciarte Named Midwest League Player of the Week - South Bend Silver Hawks
- New Pitcher Joins Cougars Today - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.