Shock add depth to the O-Line and D-Line
The Spokane Shock announced today OL Seth Cook, 6-4 332, and DL Roderkus Wright, 6-6 285, have been added to their 2008 roster.
Cook attended Marshall University where he started all 12 games his senior season. During his junior season, Cook was one of four offensive linemen to start every game for the Herd.
"Cook played right guard at Marshall and helped Ahmad Bradshaw rush for over 1,500 yards and provided excellent protection for their Quarterback," Head Adam Shackleford said. "Cook has proven to be a big, tough, physical lineman and has been effective a run blocker and pass protector."
Wright finished his collegiate career in 2006. Originally enrolled at University of Oregon, Wright transferred to Grossmount Junior College (CA). In 13 games at Grossmount, Wright put up outstanding statistics with 65 tackles - including 45 for a loss - and 26.5 sacks. After finishing at Grossmount, Wright was signed by the Cleveland Browns in 2007 as a free agent before being released in mini-camp.
"Rod showed a tremendous ability in college and his experience with the Browns allowed him to continue to grow," Shackleford said. "I'm anxious to give him an opportunity to continue his growth as a professional here in Spokane."
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from November 13, 2007
- Shack signs with Dragons - Central Valley Coyotes
- Shock add depth to the O-Line and D-Line - Spokane Shock
- Dusters Add Bruising Fullback - Amarillo Venom
- Blizzard Looking for Homegrown Talent - Green Bay Blizzard
- Fire Assigned Two Players to 2008 Roster - Louisville Fire
- Dusters sign five-year lease - Amarillo Venom
- Vipers Announce Signings - Alabama Vipers
- Thunder Adds Two Former Marshall Players - Mahoning Valley Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.