Shack signs with Dragons
The Central valley Coyotes are proud to announce that former OL Dartangon Shack has been promoted to the Arena Football League. Shack is the first Coyote from 2007 to sign with an AFL team, as Tuesday he inked a 2 year contract with the New York Dragons.
Shack (6-1, 290, Fresno St.) started all 18 games for Central Valley in 2007, including both of the Coyotes post-season contests. In 2007, he anchored the Coyotes offensive line and was a keystone for Central Valley's af2 leading scoring offense. Shack and the rest of the Coyote offensive line allowed just 11 regular season sacks in 2007, while paving the way for an impressive 125 touchdowns.
"In my opinion Shack was the best offensive lineman in all of the af2 last season," said Head Coach and General Manager Fred Biletnikoff Jr. "You figure a unit that only gives up 11 sacks in 680 offensive plays is doing something right, and I'm sure Shack didn't give up all 11 of those himself. Do the math on those numbers. Bottom line, this guy was a stud for us in '07 and nobody beat him down."
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from November 13, 2007
- Shack signs with Dragons - Central Valley Coyotes
- Shock add depth to the O-Line and D-Line - Spokane Shock
- Dusters Add Bruising Fullback - Amarillo Venom
- Blizzard Looking for Homegrown Talent - Green Bay Blizzard
- Fire Assigned Two Players to 2008 Roster - Louisville Fire
- Dusters sign five-year lease - Amarillo Venom
- Vipers Announce Signings - Alabama Vipers
- Thunder Adds Two Former Marshall Players - Mahoning Valley Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Central Valley Coyotes Stories
- Coyotes Meet with IFL as Potential Option for 2011
- Coyotes Announce Kicker Tryout
- Head Athletic Trainer Needed
- Coyotes to Hold Tryout on January 24th
- Coyotes saddened by Falcons demise