Shelden Williams Foundation to Hold Food Drive Benefiting Local School
ATLANTA - Shelden Williams and the Shelden Williams Foundation will hold a canned food and water drive to benefit the families and youth of KIPP Collegiate High School, Williams announced today. The charity event will take place at Aurum Lounge on Nov. 20 from 5-9 p.m.
KIPP, which stands for "Knowledge Is Power Program" has charter schools nationwide and 12 in Metro Atlanta. In addition to food and water donations from the Shelden Williams Foundation, the Skyhawks will provide complimentary tickets to the first home game of their season to two KIPP schools.
"I wanted to do something to benefit underserved youth and their families," said Williams, who is in his second year as an assistant coach with the team. "To be able to provide support and assistance to a community that has been so welcoming to us, has been great. Additionally, we hope the kids and their families have a great time at our game."
Those who bring non-perishable food or cases of water to Aurum will receive free admission on Wednesday night and discounted food and beverages. The event marks the beginning of the Skyhawks involvement in the NBA's Season of Giving campaign, an NBA Cares initiative.
The Skyhawks returns to action tonight, matching up against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on the road. On Nov. 21, the team will take its home court for the first time, facing off against the Delaware Blue Coats in a 7 p.m. start at the Gateway Center Arena @ College Park. For more information on the Skyhawks upcoming season and to register for updates, please visit CPSkyhawks.com. Stay up to date on team news by following @CPSkyhawks on Twitter and Instagram. For more information on the food drive benefitting KIPP, visit www.sheldenwilliamsfoundation.com or on Instagram @thesheldenwilliamsfoundation and @sheldenwilliams.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2019
- South Bay Falls to Memphis on the Road - South Bay Lakers
- Skyhawks Run Away from Fort Wayne, 119-101 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Drive Earn Third-Straight Win by Defeating Knicks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Shelden Williams Foundation to Hold Food Drive Benefiting Local School - College Park Skyhawks
- The RP Funding Center Adds Delicious, Plant-Based Fare to Concessions - Lakeland Magic
- Go-Go Add Jerian Grant - Capital City Go-Go
- Marial Shayok Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Delaware Blue Coats
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Home Matchup against Salt Lake City Stars, 102-77 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent College Park Skyhawks Stories
- Skyhawks Drop Close Game to Lakeland
- Skyhawks Take Part in Community Clean-Up Event on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Atlanta's Own Mr. 2-17 to Headline Skyhawks 'Faith & Family' Night on Friday, January 24 vs. Lakeland Magic
- Atlanta Hawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to College Park Skyhawks
- Skyhawks Extend Winning Streak to Four with Win over 905