Drive Earn Third-Straight Win by Defeating Knicks
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Grand Rapids Drive (4-2) extended their winning streak to three by defeating the Westchester Knicks (1-3) in a back-and-forth Monday night game with a final score of 96-94.
The Drive trailed the Knicks by as many as 16 points in the first half, but Bone picked up the momentum late in the third quarter by shooting 4-4 from beyond the arc, giving Grand Rapids their first lead of the night. The intensity continued to pick up in the fourth quarter for both teams, resulting in 10 lead changes. The Drive began to pull away with their aggressiveness play in the paint and ability to knock down shots from beyond the arch.
Pistons rookie Sekou Doumbouya, on assignment from Detroit, led the Drive in scoring early on and kept the momentum throughout the game, tallying up a total of 28 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists while going 10-16 from the field and 4-7 from deep. Pistons two-way player Jordan Bone also contributed a solid 21 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists while going 5-8 from beyond the arch. Devon Baulkman was the only other Drive player in double figures on the night, finishing with 12 points.
Former Wolverine and New York assignee Ignas Brazdeikis was effective all night for Westchester with a game-high 36 points and 6 rebounds, while shooting 57% from the field on 16-28 shooting. Andrew White III contributed 16 points and 5 rebounds, Knicks two-way player Kadeem Allen went for 14 points, 4 rebounds and 8 assists and Kenny Wooten followed up with 14 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists.
Brazdeikis drew an and-1 with 1.5 seconds left in the fourth to cut the Drive's lead to just two points, but an intentionally missed free throw was grabbed by a slashing Bone that sealed the game for Grand Rapids.
There's a relatively quick turnaround for both teams, as the Knicks will again host the Drive in a rematch on Wednesday night. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. on ESPN+.
Highlights:Game >>> https://bit.ly/35hngPU
Box Score >>> http://on.nba.com/2XoQSZ6
Sekou Doumbouya (28pts, 5reb, 10-16 FGM, 4-7 3PM) >>> https://bit.ly/2qoO41W
Jordan Bone (21pts, 6reb, 5ast, 2stl, 5-8 3PM) >>> https://bit.ly/2qtUvkv
Devon Baulkman (12pts & 1stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2qpttL3
Tra-Deon Hollins (2pts, 9ast & 2stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2rXHv75
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 18, 2019
- South Bay Falls to Memphis on the Road - South Bay Lakers
- Skyhawks Run Away from Fort Wayne, 119-101 - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Drive Earn Third-Straight Win by Defeating Knicks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Shelden Williams Foundation to Hold Food Drive Benefiting Local School - College Park Skyhawks
- The RP Funding Center Adds Delicious, Plant-Based Fare to Concessions - Lakeland Magic
- Go-Go Add Jerian Grant - Capital City Go-Go
- Marial Shayok Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Delaware Blue Coats
- Santa Cruz Warriors Drop Home Matchup against Salt Lake City Stars, 102-77 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.