Shea Emry Captures Pair of CFL Awards
Montreal, October 16, 2012 - Alouettes middle linebacker Shea Emry has been named the CFL's Defensive and Canadian player of the week after his performance in helping the Alouettes clinch a home playoff game in Montreal's 24-12 win over the Toronto Argonauts last Sunday.
Shea Emry - Defensive and Canadian Player of the Week
Emry intercepted a Jarious Jackson pass in the fourth quarter, returning it 46 yards for his first career touchdown to seal the Alouettes victory. The 26-year-old also picked up one sack and recorded four defensive tackles on the day.
The Richmond, BC native has now tallied a team-high 77 defensive tackles this season, including seven sacks, leaving him in fourth place in the CFL in both categories. The only Alouettes' defender to score a touchdown so far this season, Emry continues to be a key factor in helping Montreal remain atop the East Division with a four-point cushion over Toronto with three games left in the regular season.
This week's nod marks the second time Emry is named the league's Top Canadian this season with him also having earned the honour in Week 3.
The Alouettes will visit the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday at Mosaic Stadium at 3:30 p.m. EST (TSN, RDS, CJAD 800, Sirius 157 & 154 and 98,5 fm).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 16, 2012
- Riders Add Two to Practice Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stamps Host Ticats in PinkPower Game on Saturday - Calgary Stampeders
- Cameco Touchdown for Dreams - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions and Esks Meet in Crucial Friday Night Tilt - B.C. Lions
- Lions Den Welcomes Newcomers - B.C. Lions
- New Stampeders.com Video a Reminder of Purpose of PinkPower Program - Calgary Stampeders
- Shea Emry Captures Pair of CFL Awards - Montreal Alouettes
- Charles and Shaw Earn Player of the Week Honours - Edmonton Eskimos
- Gibson's Finest CFL Players of the Week Named - CFL
- Ticats Sign Two - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.