Sharpe Commits to Steelheads
The Mississauga Steelheads announced today that the hockey club signed their third-round pick (60th overall) from the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, Chas Sharpe.
Sharpe, 15, appeared in 34 games with the North Central Predators (OMHA) during the 2018-2019 season and registered 19 points (5 goals, 14 assists). The Orillia, Ontario native was selected to represent his minor hockey association at the OHL Gold Cup, where he recorded 1 point (1 assist) over 4 games. Sharpe is described as a puck moving defenseman, that brings a level of physicality and can protect the right side of the ice.
Head Coach and General Manager James Richmond commented on the most recent signing. "We are excited to have Chas and his family join the Mississauga Steelheads Family. Chas is a big strong solid 200' defenseman that will be tough to play against. We look forward to seeing Chas in the blue and white soon."
The Steelheads would like to welcome Chas Sharpe and his family to Mississauga.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Spirit Sign 2019 Fourth Round Pick Davis 'T-Bone' Codd to OHL Standard Player Agreement - Saginaw Spirit
- Storm's Nick Suzuki named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Sharpe Commits to Steelheads - Mississauga Steelheads
- Dale Hunter Named Hockey Canada World Junior Head Coach - London Knights
- Lucas Theriault Commits to Niagara IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Larmand Commits to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
- Stillman Commits to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
- Andre Tourigny selected as Assistant Coach for Team Canada at IIHF World Junior Championship - Ottawa 67's
- OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week: Nick Suzuki - Guelph Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.